ABOUT THE COMPANY
Acumen, LLC. is one of the nation's leading fiscal agents offering a portfolio of innovative financial management services backed by superior customer service. Our passion is to help people lead independent lives through exceptional participant-directed programs. Acumen is a great place to work. Our employees make a positive difference in our clients lives by what they do. Among many benefits to working here, we offer medical, dental and vision coverage, generous paid time off, and incentive bonuses to those who qualify.
OVERVIEW AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The Customer Relations Specialist will assist in standardizing the quality of outgoing communications and maintaining incoming/ outgoing calls as outlined by Acumen's best practices, Medicaid, the state or the contract, and all updates of the mentioned parties. This position will also conduct a variety of other company-wide administrative support tasks. It is a requirement to have a strong customer service background. Under supervision, performs office functions or secretarial work of moderate to difficult tasks. The Customer Relations Specialist is uniquely important as it will often be the first point of contact our customer has with Acumen.
- Customer Care - Provide excellent customer service to Acumen clients, coworkers and Acumen visitors both on the phone and in-person, and encouraging positive working relationships across the company.
- Analytical & Responsive - Analyzes, tracks, thoroughly researches and resolves all customer inquiries.
- Data Entry - Processes incoming and outbound paperwork and electronic communication through manual data entry into several databases with high accuracy.
- Administrative - Receives, researches, sorts, files, retrieves forms, correspondence and documents of confidential and time-sensitive nature.
- Communication - Ensures all incoming paperwork and communication is processed by following Acumen, Medicaid, state and program guidelines.
- Strategic & Time Management - Uses strategic thinking and maintains a calendar of deadlines in order to prioritize independently according to urgency and agreed upon timelines, or as otherwise instructed by the Manager or Supervisor.
- Conflict Resolution - Ability to handle conflict, difficult customers and present the skills necessary to de-escalate a given situation.
- Adaptive - Demonstrates the ability to work within a fast changing and fast paced work environment.
- Innovative - Identify and share opportunities for process improvements and improved working conditions.
- Flexibility - Occasionally work late or on weekends as needed to ensure deadlines and/or high volume demands are met (as approved by Manager or Supervisor).
- ALL Acumen employees will be vigilant to support the positive compliant cybersecurity company posture by familiarizing themselves with all policies, procedures, standards, and guidelines and act accordingly.