Group Home Oversight/ Management:
- Responsible for the daily operations and management of one or more group homes.
- Ensure adequate staffing coverage 24 /7 for individuals residing in the home.
- Manages staff scheduling of residential component according to established ratios. Plans and assigns work to employees to ensure completion of tasks and responsibilities related to provision of supports and services to Individuals served.
- Ensure compliance with all DDS and company policies and procedures.
- Ability to develop and implement operational procedures as needed.
- Complete state and agency documentation accurately and on time.
- Ensure the needs of the individuals are met consistently and in accordance with the individuals’ plan so they can live their best lives. This includes but is not limited to medical, behavioral, vocational needs, transportation, etc.
- Maintain and update individuals’ plans as needed in accordance with state and agency requirements.
- Assists and instructs the individuals in the program with the activities of daily living and community participation
- Provide direct care coverage as the need arises.
Team Leadership / Management:
- Direct oversight of a team of 10 – 20 Direct Support Professionals including scheduling, performance management and employee development.
- Ensure team members have all required training and certifications at all times.
- Lead team meetings and ensure all team members are informed and have all required information to successfully do their jobs.
- Facilitate staff meetings
Business Partner Relationships and Communications:
- Communicate regularly to management team on program performance, successes and issues.
- Partner with other leaders and administrative team members to share expertise and insights.
- Identify and participate in projects / initiatives that contribute to long-term excellence and individuals’ growth.
- Develop an understanding of the workings of each department and team in the company
- Perform special projects / assignments as needed.
- Uses technology for the completion of specified job duties
- Performs on-call duties as assigned, responding to on-site emergencies as needed.
Additional Required Responsibilities:
- This job requires local travel with individuals using company vehicles. A valid driver’s license and clean driving record are required.
- Must be flexible and willing to work weekends and holidays.
- Requires 2nd shift work schedule and flexibility based on residential needs.
- Participation in a rotating on-call staffing schedule.
- Unannounced 3rd shift spot checks for group home locations