- Bachelor’s degree and at least three years' experience in office management or administration, required.
- School experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Sharepoint, Teams) would be an advantage but is not required.
- Veracross database and EMS (Event Management System) experience would be an advantage but is not required.
- Outstanding organizational, time management, and people skills.
- Excellent judgment while interacting with students, faculty, parents, and professionals.
- Capacity to maintain confidential and sensitive information.
- Acute ability to multitask in a demanding environment while maintaining a calm and respectful demeanor.
- Ability to be proactive when working independently or collaboratively when assisting other Windward employees in various job positions, as needed.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, attention-to-detail is essential.
Salary Range: $60,000 - $65,000.00
The Windward School’s Vision
A world where every child with a language-based learning disability is empowered to achieve unlimited success.
The Windward School’s Mission
Windward is a coeducational, independent day school dedicated to providing a proven instructional program for children with language-based learning disabilities. The multisensory curriculum is designed for students of average to superior intelligence who can benefit from the unique educational experience provided. Through direct instruction in small class settings, a trained staff assists students to improve their language skills. Academic success, combined with opportunities for social and emotional growth within an intentionally diverse and inclusive setting, enables students to understand their learning differences, build confidence, and develop self-advocacy skills. Windward is committed to helping students achieve their full potential in preparation for a successful return to a mainstream educational environment. To meet these goals, the School provides ongoing training to its faculty based on the most current research and shares its expertise with the parent body, other educators, and the broader community.
The Windward School's Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging Mission & Vision Statement
At The Windward School, we are committed to a world where every child with a language-based learning disability is empowered to achieve unlimited success - a vision fulfilled by disrupting the educational status quo. The Windward School deliberately builds both its curriculum and culture to foster a powerful sense of belonging through a research-based program that is authentically inclusive and a community in which everyone is seen in their full humanity.
The Windward School aspires to bring forth students who are culturally engaged critical thinkers, confident self-advocates who understand and celebrate their differences, and upstanders who identify and challenge all forms of injustice. Windward is committed to these values and expectations of its community members by embracing the importance of ongoing anti-oppression dialogue and critical conversations; by advancing educational equity in underrepresented communities, especially those historically marginalized by society; and by working to ensure that our program is accessible to all who need it.