At Teacher Created Materials, we are passionate about developing innovative and imaginative educational materials and services for K-12 students worldwide. Everything we do is created by teachers for teachers and students to make teaching more effective and learning more fun. We are always looking to respond to educators’ needs and to share our outstanding products and services.
We are looking for a dynamic individual with an entrepreneurial spirit interested in helping us to expand and grow.
The RFP and Grant Proposal Writer will be responsible for preparing high-quality responses to applicable RFPs and Grants in compliance with customer instructions, sales strategies, and business needs. They will work closely with sales, finance, IT, and other internal teams to assist in RFP vetting, develop strategic messaging, coordinate the proposal process, write, edit, submit and archive final products. They will also provide follow-up support in order to document past performance and monitor revenue generated.
In addition to responding to RFPs, the RFP and Grant Proposal Writer will conduct research to identify education-focused grants originating from sources including local, state and national government departments; private and non-profit foundations; and local and national business entities. This process would include determining the eligibility criteria and identifying grants that are worth pursuing. The Writer will then be responsible for writing and submitting all necessary documentation to secure grant funding and track success rate.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare high-quality, client-focused responses and proposals in compliance with customer instructions and deadlines.
- Effectively research subject matter and demonstrate skill at efficiently organizing and translating information into clear written documentation, articulating complex concepts and processes in writing.
- Develop a thorough understanding of our company and its services and products to be able to effectively communicate what we do and how our resources help our customers.
- Ensure all materials appropriately reflect brand guidelines and value messaging.
- Successfully manage all facets of the proposal process under aggressive deadlines, including proposal response planning, call facilitation, coordination, writing, development of responsibility matrices/compliance outlines, interfacing with internal subject matter experts (SMEs), editing/proofing, production and quality control.
- Assist in developing new solutions and proposal ideas with internal SMEs as needed.
- Create compelling case studies based on past performance and maintain an easily accessible database for the organization.
- Update standard content database on a regular basis.
- Collaborate with channel managers to evaluate and respond to opportunities within specific industry segments.
- Manage production and distribution of documents.
- Update proposal tracking database throughout the proposal lifecycle.
- Support the development and maintenance of standard proposal information, systems and databases.