This is a 2nd shift position (3:00pm-11:30pm M-F) at our Canning facility in Strongsville, OH
Managing day to day operations of the Chem lab and Micro lab and related support functions with prioritized focus on Safety, Quality, Productivity, Sanitation and Accuracy for assigned shift, ensuring appropriate follow-ups on prior shift carry-over items and detailed, clear communication to management team and next shift lab person.
Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Thorough & timely communication with shift supervisor, maintenance, cellar & brewhouse personnel for effective and efficient shift execution
- Participate in shift kick-off meetings and ensure effective shift change meetings with on-coming / off-going lab workers
- Document events and results of shift, communicating to all stakeholders in defined processes
- Manage and perform quality assurance checks on incoming raw materials
- Manage and perform quality assurance checks on all packaged product and immediately report anything out of spec to respective operators.
- Manage and perform quality assurance checks in response to problems, issues, and unplanned situations
- Work with brewery personnel in efforts to get products, processes, etc. back into GLBC specifications
- Maintain quality parameters at all times, documenting all exceptions
- Managing taste panel in selecting what needs to be tasted as well as serving and clean up
- Data entry for all testing in all applicable areas
- Perform data analysis with data that is gathered making sure that exceptions and any data that is out of spec is properly documented and presented.
- Document all critical control points
- Work with prescribed chemicals, based upon established usage, OSHA, and MSDS requirements
- Maintain the cleanliness of the laboratory and related areas
- Clean and maintain laboratory safety equipment
- Responsible for completion of all laboratory reports
- Attend and contribute to process and staff meetings
- Proactive involvement with other responsibilities and project work, as assigned
- Work with and troubleshoot a GCMS
- Other duties as assigned