Under direct supervision, performs a variety of general manual labor tasks including but not limited to, lifting and moving materials, loading and unloading of trucks, and other activities in a helping or assisting role. May be required to learn how to operate a forklift to move product following all safety practices as outlines by OSHA and Capital guidelines. $18 - $19 per hour DOE.
- Building Collaborative Relationships
- Developing Self & Others
Principal Accountabilities & Deliverables
- Duties may include, once properly trained and certified as required: yard clean up, product receiving, breakdown, product handling and operating yard equipment such as the saws or tug.
- Pick up all foreign material in yard in order to maintain a safe work environment and clean appearance.
- Collect recyclable materials and store as directed.
- Sweep the yard safely using a mechanical sweeper if available.
- Review supply inventory with Supervisor to maintain necessary level.
- Notify Supervisor of any maintenance or safety issues observed.
- Manually stack lumber products as instructed.
- Assist with inventory and/or cycle counts as directed.
- May operate a gas-powered tug to move lumber products.
- Package materials and keep packaging area clean and organized.
- Assist in keeping all lanes and other areas clean and clear for traffic.
- May assist in general yard housekeeping and chores as assigned.
- May use saw to cut lengths from lumber as needed to fill an order if properly trained.
- Keep inventory of stickers, corners and wrap.
- May occasionally bar code.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned by your supervisor and be flexible and adaptable to changes that will occur during the course of employment.