CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
POSITION: Dental Assistant Certified; Dental Assistant EFDA; Dental Assistant, or Dental Assistant Trainee
STARTING WAGE: Dental Assistant $18.28; Dental Assistant Trainee $16.73
REPORTS TO: Lead Dental Assistant
Basic Functions: The Dental Assistant works under the direct supervision of the Lead Dental Assistant/Dental Director. The individual is qualified under the WACMHC Dental Assistant training program or another accredited program. The incumbent will perform a variety of patient care, office, and laboratory duties, and often work chairside as dentists/hygienists examine and treat patients. Assists the Dental Hygienist and Dentist(s) in facilitating dental clinics. The incumbent must be qualified and well-versed in relevant matters, be caring, communicative, and experienced in documenting treatment plans. The individual will be skilled with various tools and procedures needed to assist patients. This position is to contribute to the maintenance of a clients dental health delivering quality services to our reservation. Trainee applicants will complete an approved training plan within the first year of employment and follow LRCHC Training/Education Reimbursement Agreement plan.
Education and Training:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Washington State drivers license
- Must possess a current BLS Basic Life Support certification (provided)
- Fully Qualified Applicants
- Dental Assistant license (required)
- 1-2 years practical experience as a dental assistant (preferred)
- Experience with RPMS and Dentrix software (preferred)
- Trainee Applicants
- Will complete an approved training plan within the first year of employment and follow LRCHC Training/Education Reimbursement Agreement (required)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Requires sufficient knowledge of proper English usage, grammar, spelling, and punctuation to prepare professional correspondence and write and edit report text.
- Requires sufficient human relations skill to work productively and cooperatively with other work teams and exercise patience when dealing with internal and external customers
- Knowledge of dental vocabulary and practices.
- Demonstrated leadership in dental clinic setting.
- Strong computer skills and experience with healthcare databases and applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, the ability to keep detailed records.
- Team oriented, coordinates and collaborates with all business partners, staff, and provides exceptional customer service.
- Ability to problem solve. Ability to prioritize and organize.
Note: Pursuant to Tribal Policy, if this position is safety sensitive it is subject to pre-employment drug testing. In addition, this position is subject to reasonable suspicion and post-accident drug testing.
TRIBAL MEMBER AND INDIAN PREFERENCE WILL APPLY; PREFERENCE WILL ALSO BE GIVEN TO HONORABLY DISCHARGED VETERANS WHO ARE MINIMALLY QUALIFIED.
If required of this position, you must possess and maintain a valid Washington State drivers license and be eligible for the Tribes Vehicle Insurance. In addition, this position may be subject to pre-employment background clearances. If applicable, these clearances must be maintained throughout employment. Documented Covid-19 vaccination is required.
CONTACT INFORMATION: Lake Roosevelt Community Health Centers, Human Resources Department, P. O. Box 290, Inchelium, WA 99138, Contact Terri Mail, 509-722-7686 or firstname.lastname@example.org