Recovery Network of Programs, Inc. (RNP), is a private, non-profit, social service agency which has been serving the Greater Bridgeport Community and Fairfield County area since 1972. RNP is dedicated to helping those living with substance use, mental health disorders, and homelessness. Our mission is to restore hope, health, and wellbeing for individuals and families in a recovery environment that embraces compassion, dignity and respect.
First Step (Residential Detoxification Program) This is a highly structured inpatient medically monitored detoxification program, located in Bridgeport, Connecticut. This program offers individual counseling, group therapy, case management, referral services for continuing care, and medical management. First Step is a CARF accredited, DPH licensed 27 bed residential detox unit for individuals aged 18 and over struggling with addiction to alcohol, opiates and/or benzodiazepines.
Full Time - Monday to Friday 12am - 8am
Part Time - Saturday and Sunday 12am - 8am
Per Diem 12am - 8am
- Dispenses, documents and reports all medication doses in accordance with approved nursing techniques, program policies and procedures and applicable federal and state regulations.
- Maintains documentation and accurate count of medication.
- Prepares and accounts for prescribed medication orders.
- Verifies, updates, records and files doctors' orders and dosage levels in client records.
- Ensures that clients receive required history and physical exam and necessary emergency medical or prenatal care.
- Obtains vital signs as ordered by physician.
- Observes client, records significant conditions and reactions, and notifies supervisor or physician of client's condition and reaction to drugs, treatments, and significant incidents.
- Participates in department's staff, treatment team, medication change meetings and in quality assurance and improvement activities.
- Obtains PPD record and/or administers PPD to clients and maintains record of results.
- Maintains daily census log, 24 hour shift report, Medication Administration Record and vital sign documents.
- Assumes all other appropriate duties as deemed necessary by the supervisor.
- Perform safety checks every half hour on all clients.
- Assist with client admission process.