Reports to: Upper School Head
FLSA Status: Exempt
When Needed: Immediately
Eastside Preparatory School is seeking a talented, compassionate and engaging Debate Coach to help us fulfill our mission. Pay is competitive with public and independent schools. Eastside Prep offers an extraordinary work environment.
Who We Are:
Eastside Preparatory School opened its doors with sixteen students in grades six and seven at its present location in September, 2003. Now, with 486 students enrolled in grades five through twelve for the 2019-2020 school year, Eastside Prep has established a permanent campus in Kirkland, WA. Our thinking curriculum is the hallmark of our program, which focuses on teaching students to think like the writers, scientists, historians, artists and mathematicians whose work they study. At Eastside Prep, our commitment is to enable our students to think for themselves – and for the good of the planet.
Job Summary: Under minimal supervision, coaches Upper School (grades 9 to 12) students in Debate.
- Organizes and implements debate trips in accordance with school policies and regulations as well as student interest and ability
- Works with the Business Office on any financial transactions that may be required
- Communicates with parents regarding expectations, practices, and contests
- Guarantees student eligibility to participate in debate based on EPS guidelines governing academic performance
- Ensures the safety of students by adhering to both team and general school rules and policies while on the EPS campus and while traveling
- Season expectations:
- Debate season is early September through March
- Tournaments take place on weekends