The Relationship Support Specialist welcomes and establishes relationships by getting to know the client to provide an exceptional experience. This position is the client ambassador for the bank with the overall purpose of providing quality and efficient service to clients during their interactions with the bank. Along with servicing client needs while supporting Retail, Private Banking and Small Business Banking.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Enhance company image through proactive client-driven servicing in support of the goal of exceeding customer expectations.
- Accountable for the completion of client related requests of the Private Financial Services, Retail, and Small Business Banking.
- In charge of servicing client needs via fax, email and phone calls made to the Banking Center and the facilitation of resolving client issues within set guidelines.
- Responsible for the completion of wire and money transfer request.
- Communicate with Treasury Services regarding opening/closing of business accounts.
- Maintain current knowledge of company products and services and support sales, referral and promotional activities.
- Monitor daily overdrafts and past due accounts. Report status or suspicious activity to supervisor.
- Comply with Bank Secrecy Act, OFAC and USA PATRIOT Act including Customer Identification Program for new clients, accurate completion of new account activity profile, identifying high-risk accounts at account opening, and reporting suspicious activities to supervisor.
- Work with clients throughout the entire loan origination process from application to closing.
- Correspond with applicant to gather required financial information for the loan approval process.
- Works with appropriate department to obtain loan-closing documents for approved loans.
- Perform transactions such as accepting deposits, loan payments, validating endorsements, cashing checks within limits, issuing cashier’s checks, processing large commercial deposits, counting large amounts of currency, and other transactions as needed.
- Establish close working relationships with LOB partners, referring clients when appropriate to provide timely, holistic financial solutions
- Daily balancing of transactions
- May be asked to count and record currency and coin in vault
- Perform any and all other duties deemed necessary and reasonable to support the Branch, Private Banking, Small Business Banking.
*Other duties as assigned
Skills & Competencies
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Sales: Individual has a good understanding of Atlantic Capital Bank’s products and services. Effectively matches clients’ need by referring and/or selling products and services to enhance the clients’ relationship consistent with Atlantic Capital Bank.
- Client Service: Individual demonstrates a positive and helpful attitude toward clients, both internal and external, understands the products importance and how it affects Atlantic Capital Bank and the clients
- Communication Skills:
- Written – Individual writes clearly and concisely with little need for editing
- Oral – Expresses self in speech as to be clearly and completely understood; conveys self-confidence and knowledge of subject in speaking to clients
- Listening – Is attentive and transmits correct information to appropriate partners
- Job Knowledge: Exhibits and demonstrates the technical ability to perform required duties, is practical in applying knowledge to assignments, and maintains expertise by keeping current with new developments and procedures.
- Problem Solving: The ability to define and offer solutions to resolve problems. Uses knowledge of the organization to identify helpful resources.
- Attention to Detail: Ensure tasks performed carefully, accurately and in accordance with specific instructions.
- Ethics: Demonstrates trustworthiness, character, professionalism, confidentiality and honesty in dealing with internal or external customers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires the completion of a high school diploma or a GED; and 2 to 5 years of banking experience.
- Working knowledge of bank products and services; working knowledge of computers and windows applications.
- 3-5 years of direct client experience preferred.
- 1-3 years of cash handling preferred.
Notice to Recruiters: We value our recruiting partnerships, but to protect the interest of all parties, Atlantic Capital Bank (ACB) does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters. All recruiting is managed through ACB’s Human Resources Department and contacting hiring managers directly is not appropriate. If you would like to develop a recruiting relationship, please work directly with Talent Acquisition. All unsolicited resumes submitted through our website or to ACB email accounts shall be deemed property of Atlantic Capital Bank.