Gotham Greens is seeking a Lead Systems Administrator with strong technical acumen and interpersonal skills who will be responsible for managing our internal network and systems to ensure continuity and advancement of our business operations. In addition to management and oversight of the function, the Lead Systems Administrator will evaluate, design, implement, document, and deploy new solutions and changes to Gotham Greens systems. The Lead Systems Administrator will have the foresight to identify solutions needed to scale Gotham Greens, communicate business necessity and risk, and implement agreed-to solutions. The Lead Systems Administrator should be experienced in managing complex projects from initiation to completion, engaging with stakeholders and communicating changes to end users. We are looking for someone who is comfortable managing and coordinating with our outsourced L1 and L2 support. Our team is small and nimble, we are looking for a Lead Systems Administrator that is open to new challenges, extremely good at multi-tasking, innovative, and self-directed. The Lead Systems Administrator will report to the Head of Information Technology.
What You'll Do
- Administer and monitor our cloud (Azure) and on-premises systems and network infrastructure
- Manage our Azure AD, Office 365, and SharePoint Online environments.
- Utilize Azure AD as the company's primary identity provider by configuring Single Sign-On for SaaS and on-premises applications.
- Create and maintain Microsoft 365 groups, security groups for application access, and distribution lists
- Configure SharePoint sites and manage associated permissions
- Project manage initiatives that fall under systems administration
- Interface with internal teams for: maintaining production systems, resolving issues with services and physical systems
- Coordinate integration and adoption of new systems and products from start to finish. This includes evaluating our needs, researching options, meeting with vendors, implementation and planning, deployment, testing, and end user training (where applicable).
- Understand and assess the impact of changes to systems or processes on end users. Engage with stakeholders through user acceptance testing, training and communications to ensure that deployment doesnt interrupt business operation.
- Coordinate release management of solutions
- Plan network implementation and expansion as we open new locations nationally
- Maintain relationships with outside parties including vendors, consultants, and contractors
- Manage our relationship with a outsourced L1+ L2 support provider and provide L2 and L3 technical support
- Oversee and test our business continuity and disaster recovery plans
- Document application configuration, network, and systems architecture
Who You Are
- 3-5 years of systems administration experience
- Experience with Windows Server Administration
- Experience with Office 365, AzureAD, and Intune or equivalent knowledge of user account administration, identity and access management, and endpoint management using other technologies
- SAML, SSO or LDAP configuration experience
- Knowledge of PowerShell (or another scripting language) with the ability to automate common tasks
- Basic understanding of networking protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP), familiarity with network troubleshooting tools (ping, tracert, ipconfig, nslookup, netstat), and
- Understanding of the role of network devices and interfaces (client, server, NIC, switch, router, access point, etc)
- Familiarity with information security best practices
- Ability to troubleshoot network, software, and hardware issues
- Strong communication skills and the ability to convey technical content to a non-technical audience
- Experience delivering high quality support and engagement to end users
- Strong problem-solving abilities and the willingness to work independently
- Experience with an IT ticketing system
- ITSM knowledge
- ITIL Foundations Certified preferred
Who We Are
Gotham Greens is on a mission to transform how and where fresh produce is grown. We are a pioneer in urban indoor agriculture and a leading fresh produce and food company. Through our national network of local high-tech farms, Gotham Greens delivers fresh, long-lasting and delicious, leafy greens, herbs, salad dressings and pesto dips all year round to retail, restaurant and foodservice customers. Founded in 2009, the company opened its first greenhouse in Brooklyn, N.Y., shortly thereafter. Today, Gotham Greens operates 500,000 square feet of high-tech greenhouses across five U.S. states.
Our team of nearly 400 is hardworking, supportive and passionate about sustainable urban agriculture. We work to create an environment that is caring, fun and collaborative. Gotham Greens is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Gotham Greens offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. We are proud to be an affirmative action equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.