The Metro Atlanta Chamber (MAC) serves as a catalyst for a more prosperous and vibrant Atlanta by focusing on starting, growing, and recruiting companies to the region while working to attract top talent and strengthen connections that drive Atlanta’s innovation and entrepreneurial culture.
The Economic Research team supports all teams within MAC, including Economic Development, Innovation & Entrepreneurship, Public Policy, Marketing, Investor Relations, and the Atlanta Sports Council, by providing research and analysis of data and information about metro Atlanta.
We are looking for an intern to work 15 hours per week for the summer semester. The term and weekly hours of the internship are to be determined by the supervisor and candidate.
Under the direction of the Director or Research and the Research Analyst, the intern will work on:
- Updating metro Atlanta business, industry, and economic data in MAC publications
- Preparing market comparisons - Atlanta vs. other metro areas
- Researching company announcements (new locations and expansions)
- Tracking metro Atlanta rankings
- Surveying prices of goods and services for the cost-of-living index
- Fulfilling daily research requests and assisting with tasks for prospective company RFI's
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree - recent graduate or current student; coursework in business, economics, policy
- Interest in Metro Atlanta
- Market research
- Business intelligence
- Industries and companies in metro Atlanta
- Metro Atlanta counties and cities
- Economic indicators and trends
- Advanced internet research skills
- Proficiency in Excel
- Ability to organize, analyze, verify, and present information
- Must be detail-oriented, analytical, and able to manage multiple priorities
- Must have exceptional communication skills
- ESRI GIS coursework or experience a bonus