TITLE: Facilities Operations Maintenance Specialist II
Classification (FLSA): Full-time, Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Maintenance Manager
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Performs semi-skilled maintenance, repair, adjustment and minor construction work in the trades to ensure that facilities are properly maintained and meet College standards. May be called upon to guides less-skilled staff in completing shared work assignments. Assists more-skilled staff in the completion of larger and more complex assignments. Duties may fall into a variety of trades, including carpentry, painting, plumbing, electrical, mechanical, energy management, snow removal, fire and life safety and keys/security systems.
This is the second level of a three-level family. It is distinguished by the responsibility for intermediate-level trades work, requiring competence in independently performing a variety of semi-skilled tasks. In addition, positions at this level provide guidance to less-skilled staff on shared work assignments. Within the job family there may be some overlap between the levels of work. Therefore, an incumbent at this level may be occasionally called upon to perform tasks associated with a higher or lower level, such as when working independently, learning a new skill, or assisting another staff member.
CHIEF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs standard intermediatelevel preventative maintenance on building systems, plumbing, electrical, mechanical and control systems and related components; tests system competency and component devices and evaluates performance. Participates in developing preventative maintenance plans.
- Repairs and maintains facilities structures; performs repairs and replacements of standard building systems and components, such as plumbing, door hardware, fire and life and safety protection equipment/systems. Maintains indoor/outdoor facilities, fans, lights and related equipment.
- Maintains induction and air handling units; cleans and inspects equipment, completes filter changes, lubricates, maintains and services mechanical and refrigeration and/or cooling systems.
- Performs electronic recordkeeping related to preventative maintenance and repair so that Facilities Management Services division makes the most efficient and effective use of computerized maintenance management and service request systems; tracks and closes assigned work orders.
- Accesses and makes basic adjustments to computerized control systems, such as for lighting or energy management systems.
- Guides lessskilled staff during shared work assignments, including providing instruction on tools, work processes and techniques.
- Maintains a working knowledge of materials, systems and code requirements related to maintenance of college facilities.
- Responds to college emergencies and closures including adverse weather to be certain that all facilities are protected and remain operational. Assists with tasks required in preparing to open campuses after a closure including snow and ice removal, systems and equipment checks, and startup operations as assigned.
- Knows and understands all safety procedures of the college. Trains lessskilled staff on safety procedures related to shared work tasks. Assists in structural safety inspections.
- Operates a college vehicle and is responsible for its safe operation and reporting any observed maintenance needs.
- Maintains appropriate records and reports.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time for the needs of the College, but a discussion between the employee and supervisor will take place prior to the change.