At Impact NW we are a nonprofit with a mission to prevent homelessness, because we believe in the fundamental right to: beautiful life, stability and peace. More importantly, it also means a life filled with opportunity and community support, especially for Indigenous, Black, Brown, Melanated, Immigrant, and Asian people.
What we seek is for you to share your skill sets - especially if you:
Put people first
See the beauty in people
Find a way
We believe that with our mission and values as our north star, we can move toward our vision of a future where housing is a human right. If this resonates with you, we’d love to have your purpose and passion on our team at Impact NW.
With you sending in your resume and cover letter / application ensures that you are doing a part in the quest for “a stronger, more equitable community” in the Portland Metro Area. Our People and Culture Department look forward to hearing from you.
JOB SUMMARY: The Veteran Housing Program Specialist II’s role is to provide community based social work services including engagement, coordination, advocacy, support and encouragement, and intensive case management. Specific duties include screening, intake, assessment, barrier removal, information and referral, landlord negotiations, habitability inspections, documentation, and ongoing client centered support. The primary working locations for this position are Multnomah, Clackamas, Washington, and Clark counties.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all program requirements; including screening eligibility, intake enrollment standards, referral procedures for internal and external requests for resources and/or services, and documentation standards for client files.
- Provide participants from diverse backgrounds progressive person-centered and strength-based engagement with ongoing trauma informed case management and supportive services utilizing Housing First principles.
- Maintain a working knowledge of our area’s service providers for housing, veterans, mental health, addiction recovery, disability, public benefits, and other social service resources to provide this information to our community.
- Be self-motivated to work independently as well as have an ability to work in a team environment to support Impact NW’s mission and goals.
- Serve as a liaison to collaborating organizations including partner agencies, veteran services, schools, state and federal agencies, and community groups as assigned.