The Project Manager is responsible for day-to-day management of the construction process of various projects from start to finish. Their duties include collaborating with onsite teams, hiring and delegating tasks to contractors, retrieving the necessary permits to construct, and communicate goals of the projects to the subcontractors and construction workers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Collaborate with engineers, architects, or other firms to determine the specifications of the project
- Negotiate contracts with external vendors to reach profitable agreements and implement forms for contracting
- Obtain permits and licenses from appropriate municipalities
- Determine and acquire needed resources (manpower, equipment, and materials) from start to finish with attention to budgetary limitations
- Plan all construction operations and schedule intermediate phases to ensure deadlines will be met
- Hire contractors and other staff and allocate responsibilities
- Supervise the work of contractors, contract laborers, or other specified trade and give them guidance when needed
- Evaluate progress and prepare detailed reports
- Ensure adherence to all health and safety standards and report issues
- Other duties as assigned