Under the direction of the Head of Payments & Fintech Banking, this position is responsible for managing and developing new profitable banking relationships with companies in the Fintech Industry segment in Georgia and select National Markets. Responsibilities include growing and expanding the Bank’s presence in the Fintech market and includes: business development and marketing of the bank’s products and services targeted at Fintech companies (high volume ACH, FBO disbursement accounts, Card Issuance / BIN Sponsorship and complex treasury needs) growing the deposit and fee income revenue streams, developing a strong referral network, internal execution of deal opportunities and overseeing the existing client portfolio. The Fintech Banker represents the Bank in the Fintech community through active participation in industry relevant community events, conferences and proactive networking.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Grow deposits and fee income by developing new and existing Fintech client relationships.
- Work with cross-functional business partners (risk management, operations, compliance, and treasury services) to execute on new and existing client opportunities.
- Meet or exceed annual budget. Maximize portfolio profitability through appropriate pricing and cross-selling of the Bank’s products and services
- Work with risk management / credit administration partner(s) to complete financial analysis and the underwriting and closing of new opportunities.
- Develop a strong referral / COI network.
- Work with treasury services officer to cross-sell Atlantic Capital’s treasury services products.
- Negotiate terms of client contracts and master services agreements for select product set
- Manage lending and non-lending credit exposure and present credits for approval to appropriate levels of authority within the bank as required.
- Work with risk management teammates to monitor client financial status and compliance, ensure proper risk ratings and early identification of any potential problems.
- Support the bank’s strong relationship banking culture through on-going customer contact, call reports, quality customer service and superior product knowledge.
- Regularly & efficiently, communicate successes and challenges to direct Manager.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with decision makers at targeted companies and clients (CEO, CFO, VP Finance.)
- Comply with all the Bank’s compliance requirements including Bank Secrecy Act, OFAC and USA PATRIOT Act.
* Other duties as assigned.
- Education: Minimum Bachelor’s degree preferably in Finance, Business or Economics. MBA preferred. Formal bank credit training or equivalent experience.
- Work Experience: Minimum 10 years of banking, treasury services, corporate lending, corporate finance, Fintech Company and/or new Fintech client origination experience. Preferably, with experience in the Atlanta and select national Fintech markets.
- Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal relationship management skills
- Sound credit judgment
- Proficiency with PC software including Microsoft Excel
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proven ability to work across cross-functional teams
- Proven track record in customer development and retention and working with all levels of senior management.
- Mastery of financial and accounting concepts to facilitate the creation or review of in-depth financial models, credit approval packages involved in underwriting transactions (lending and non-lending credit exposure.)
- Strong Treasury Services experience
- Extensive experience in financial statement analysis
- Experience negotiating complex agreements
- Strong organizational and leadership skills with proven ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Strong understanding of Risk, Compliance and Portfolio Management
Notice to Recruiters: We value our recruiting partnerships, but to protect the interest of all parties, Atlantic Capital Bank (ACB) does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters. All recruiting is managed through ACB’s Human Resources Department and contacting hiring managers directly is not appropriate. If you would like to develop a recruiting relationship, please work directly with Talent Acquisition. All unsolicited resumes submitted through our website or to ACB email accounts shall be deemed property of Atlantic Capital Bank.