The Purchasing Agent is responsible for executing all purchasing activities in a timely and cost effective manner. This role supports the realization teams to ensure supplies and services are on site when required.
Job Specific Tasks:
In each of the duties listed below the employee is expected to perform to the highest standards of quality, to strive for maximum customer satisfaction, and to continually look for ways to improve the methods, practices and procedures of this position.
- Manage all tactical and strategic sourcing activities including analytical and financial analysis.
- Negotiation of Contract (Price, terms, etc.) independent of global requirements for local market.
- Drive purchasing management process compliance and project support to TGW group in line with 2025 strategy.
- Proactively identify and implement cost reduction initiatives and other supply-chain strategies to improve net working capital.
- Develop in-depth understanding of the supply base and TGW spend metrics, including factors such as supplier capabilities, constraints and cost structures, regional issues and concerns, geographic and political risks, currency implications, duties, supplier capabilities, and other inputs
- Identify and develop strategic suppliers and implement sourcing strategy with focus on driving cost reduction initiatives through negotiation, competitive tension, outsourcing and process improvements.
- Optimization of purchasing processes according to standardized framework under constant coordination with Group Purchasing Process Manager (under intensive application of TGW SRM tool)
- Update ERP system as necessary to reflect changes.
- Represent TGW to suppliers in a way that establishes and maintains a professional image.
- Selection, assessment & continuous development of new and existing suppliers with respect to quality, adherence to delivery dates and costs.
- Communication interface to Planning and Sales to ensure that all requirements are being met.
- Verification of suppliers compliance to Key Performance Indicators, such as time of delivery, quality and security of supply.
- Provide improved risk management.
- Support TGW operations in resolving supplier issues (capacity, delivery, quality, etc.) as required.
- Monitoring and management reporting of suppliers objectives achievement (operational and strategic)
- Prepare, organize & present data clearly and professionally to various audiences, including TGW executives & associates, suppliers, and others
- Ensure personal compliance with all Company policies, procedures, guidelines, ethics, Code of Conduct, directives, and rules and Act as a good steward of the TGWs resources and exemplifies TGWs values:
- We are results driven
- We think and act proactively
- We are open-minded
- We at responsibly
- Maintain complete security and confidentiality of all Company records and employee data.
- Maintain a clean, orderly and professional work environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma required, 4-year degree preferred.
- 2-5 years experience working at a manufacturing/industrial company in a sourcing/procurement/supply chain role.
- ISM or APICS certification preferred.
- Proactive, ability to meet aggressive deadlines and maintain strong internal customer focus required
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks simultaneously
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Must have strong, demonstrated negotiation experience/skills with a track record of implementing cost reduction strategies.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings is a plus.
- Comfortable working with MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Strong sense of accountability; self-starter; assertive; results-driven; can-do attitude
- Excellent self-discipline, works under limited supervision
- Excellent written & oral communication skills - Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions from groups of executives, managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Possess strong communication skills to educate and influence an executive-level audience. Create and present information including charts, graphs, and diagrams.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations and to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest and commissions.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
TGW is an equal opportunity employer.