An Assistant Head Coach is someone who is passionate about the next generation of climbers and prepares the climbers for competition(s). Assistant Head Coaches embody the core values, are enthusiastic, self-motivated, proactive, and deliver outstanding customer experiences to new visitors, guests, members, and partners who walk through our doors.
- Assist the Head Coach with developing & implementing training for coaches interested in coaching the Comp & Training Team;
- Leads other Youth Program coaches and camp counselors by example;
- Provides input on development of Comp Team curriculum, coaches & athletes and regularly checks in with the Head Coach to report on their progress;
- Regularly monitor & update the Comp Teams seasonal roster;
- Manages and trains recreational & competition coaches to ensure the delivery of program curriculum is meeting Sender Ones standards;
- Check in with assigned staff on a monthly basis and ensure team coaches are performing at the expected level;
- Connects with parents & climbers to receive feedback about the teams through emails, phone calls, and in-person interactions and provide information about upcoming comps & events;
- Organize team events, including but not limited to, tryouts, team building events, end of season celebrations;
- Attends the weekly YP meeting to guide the departments strategy and provide the curriculum to the teams;
- Collaborates with Programs Manager to develop the Youth Programs department.