Classroom teachers…do you share our vision to create a world in which children love to learn? Teacher Created Materials develops innovative and imaginative educational products for students worldwide. Everything we do is created by teachers for teachers and students to make teaching more effective and learning more fun.
The Content Manager role is for classroom teachers, who use their knowledge of best practices and practical classroom experience to help develop new products. The Content Manager evaluates and edits manuscripts and prepares them for print under the direction of the VP of Content Development or a Senior Content Manager. The Content Manager consults on product development from an educational perspective.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with project teams to plan new products.
- Stays connected to teachers and students through classroom observations and field testing of new products in development to stay current on market needs.
- Works directly with authors as materials are being written to ensure that the content reflects TCM’s mission and the product goals. May make changes as needed for clarification, and may rewrite or reorganize materials to better meet the needs of teachers and students.
- Edits and prepares product manuscripts and digital resources for multiple product lines, ensuring educational validity, clarity, purposefulness, best practices, and ease of use.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of educational trends, practices, and interests, and advises team leadership accordingly.
- May make presentations on behalf of the company and/or recruit authors and speakers.