As a member of the business development team within the SBA Lending line of business, the Senior SBA Franchise Banker works with prospective borrowers, internal partners and approved loan program sponsors (franchisors and referral partners) to structure franchise lending program guidelines, obtain complete loan application packages from Borrowers, recommend loan structures, assess credit risks, create View Memos, and coordinate loan approvals and closings with Risk Management and SBA Operations. The Lead SBA Franchise Banker serves as the dual point of contact for existing and prospective Franchise Borrowers and dual point of contact (along with the Head of Franchise Lending) for loan program sponsors. The Senior SBA Franchise Banker coordinates with the Head of Franchise Lending and Atlantic Capital Risk Team to assist with the assessment and approval of new franchise loan programs and periodic review of existing franchise loan programs.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Grow existing SBA Franchisor relationships with the goal being a portfolio of 20+ Franchise Lending Relationships. Assist Risk in identifying new Franchisors, including successful emerging brands.
- Originate new Franchisee loan requests for internally approved Franchisors.
- Create new Franchise Lending Programs for newly originated Franchises.
- Be responsible for managing and growing professional franchise intermediaries.
- Attend National & Regional Franchise Conferences.
- Develop marketing campaigns to potential Franchisees and Franchisors.
- Help coach SBA Franchise Bankers on the team to become more proficient in working with Franchisees.
- Pre-qualify loan eligibility through the various government guaranty programs available and best suitable for the credit request.
- Maintain working knowledge of SBA SOP and its various loan guaranty programs including USDA B&I.
- Obtain the required financial information from the borrower to determine program eligibility and make a preliminary judgment of credit quality suitable to ACB standards.
- Prepare the internal View Memo describing the opportunity and credit request.
- Assist the Risk Manager and Underwriter in the process to obtain a credit decision, including responsibility for obtaining required information and documentation from borrower.
- Post-approval, assist the SBA Loan Packager in the completion of the SBA Loan Application and subsequent guaranty approval.
- Coordinate with SBA Operations, Risk Manager, SBA Banking Manager and closing attorneys to ensure accuracy and completeness of loan documentation.
- Adhere to loan policies of Atlantic Capital Bank and the SBA SOP.
Skills & Competencies
- Education: Bachelor Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Work Experience: Must have 5 years of work experience. SBA Franchise Lending experience required.
- Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Sound credit judgment
- Proficiency with PC software including Microsoft Excel
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proven track record in customer development and working with all levels of management.
Notice to Recruiters: We value our recruiting partnerships, but to protect the interest of all parties, Atlantic Capital Bank (ACB) does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters. All recruiting is managed through ACB’s Human Resources Department and contacting hiring managers directly is not appropriate. If you would like to develop a recruiting relationship, please work directly with Talent Acquisition. All unsolicited resumes submitted through our website or to ACB email accounts shall be deemed property of Atlantic Capital Bank.