I. POSITION PURPOSE
To coordinate and oversee the parish religious education program at the elementary level (Pre-K-5thgrade). Prepare children for First Reconciliation and First Eucharist. Secondarily, responsible for general support of RCIA and other Faith Formation events and programs.
II. MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops, plans and supervises the Faith Formation programs (Vacation Bible School, Advent, Lent). Responsible for:
- Class dates and content
- Special events and rehearsals
- Volunteer training
- Parent meetings
- Major events (1st Reconciliation and 1st Communion)
- Submits dates of events for next academic calendar by March of previous year.
- Development and distribution of participants, catechists, parents and parishioners, such as registration forms, calendar, bulletin, etc.
- Development and distribution of online communication to participants, catechists, parents and parishioners
- Assists with coordination of Sacramental Preparation Programs including elementary age Sacraments, Eucharist, and Reconciliation).
- Attend staff meetings
- Leads or attends planning meetings related to faith formation objectives, strategies and goals – including events.
- Recruits, trains motivates and provides general and specific direction to volunteers involved with faith formation activities and programs.
- Ensure that all volunteers receive safe environment training before giving Stewardship of time.
- Invite, cultivate, and train volunteers involved with children’s faith formation program and activities.
- Invitations extended end of academic year/summer
- Personal pastoral care for volunteers, family (e.g. personal Christmas, birthday, anniversary cards cosigned)
- Yearly training with class structure, content, and participant distribution.
- Prepares for and teaches classes in specified areas.
- Prepares registration forms and fees for children’s ministry programs.
- Detail forms with admin / requirements
III. SECONDARY FUNCTIONS
A. Prepares Announcements and Intercessions for Mass.
B. Maintains inventory of educational supplies. Orders supplies as necessary.
- Continues growing by participating in appropriate training approved by Director of Faith Formation
- Maintains healthy communication with other members of the Parish Staff regarding any items of concern or interest.
- Performs other duties as assigned.