Located in Colorado Springs, Colorado, Altia is a software platform that enables automotive and IoT manufacturers to get brand-defining and intuitive Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs) on any embedded hardware. We help creative, customer-focused designers and software engineers worldwide efficiently deploy amazing user interfaces by providing powerful, professional-grade embedded GUI development tools. Automotive, medical, industrial, and consumer electronics companies rely on Altia's best-in-class software and services to get their GUIs into production. Check us out at www.Altia.com.
We seek a skilled Senior Embedded Software Engineer to help develop and advance our globally adopted flagship technology, Altia DeepScreen. DeepScreen is a graphics code generator that converts 2D and 3D Human Machine Interface (HMI) designs created with Altia’s graphics editor product, Altia Design, into highly optimized graphics code deployed to state-of-the-art embedded hardware. The Engineer will primarily be responsible for software project deliverables and schedules.
- Develop and test new DeepScreen code generation products on microcontroller units as well as the latest advanced system-on-a-chip graphics controllers
- Optimize products for memory footprint and performance goals
- Delivery of a high-quality product to the Altia Test Engineering team
- Work directly with the customer as needed during development and provide post-release support as directed
- Tailor project management, development, and testing processes to meet the needs of individual projects
- Make recommendations to management about requirements, risks, schedules, and prioritization
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline
- 6-9 years of experience in a technology environment, including practical professional experience in embedded programming and development with expert knowledge of C programming
- Familiarity with embedded development technologies – IDEs, JTAG, ICEs, microcontroller peripheral configuration, embedded device driver development
- Experience with programming devices using a wide range of operating systems, from full stack down to bare metal.
- Knowledge of real-time programming concepts, including memory management, interrupt service routines, preemption, and blocking in embedded micro-controllers
- Knowledge of integrated (ARM-based system on a chip) graphics microcontrollers from NXP, Renesas, Infineon, TI, Telechips, or STMicroelectronics
What you get:
- Compensation in the range of $125,000 to $145,000 commensurate with experience
- A full range of health benefits including medical, dental, vision, LTD, STD, and Life Insurance – premiums for employee coverage are covered by the company.
- 401k with strong matching funds and generous time off programs to recharge your batteries.
- The chance to work in a growing, dynamic company where you get to “own your job” and contribute to your career development. Altia has been awarded one of the “Best Workplaces” in Colorado Springs five years running!
We provide an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunity is available to all. We believe that diversity and inclusion is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We encourage you to apply!