Reporting to the Vice President of Development, the Senior Director of Planned and Leadership Gifts serves as a key member of the United Way of Greater Atlanta’s Office of Development. Following internal policies and best practices relating to portfolio management and fundraising, the SDPLG will work collaboratively with multiple Development Teams, and other UWGA staff. The SDPLG will implement and direct a robust and sustainable planned giving strategy to grow the UWGA’s Legacy Leaders program. Additionally, the SDPLG will build and manage a fluid portfolio of 75-100 prospects with responsibility for the identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donor prospects of $50,000.00 and above within a dynamic, fast-paced fundraising environment.
The position will work closely with colleagues across departments, volunteers, boards, community leaders and a variety of others, and must be collaborative, professional, innovative, responsible and more while maintaining a strong work ethic and attention to detail. It is essential that the SDPLG be well versed in all aspects of the planned giving process, including financial and tax implications, as well as major gift fundraising strategy, the art and science of individual fundraising, and have significant experience in closing major gifts, collaborating with others to close gifts, and managing individual portfolios. The SDPLG will spend approximately 50% of their time each month working on planned giving implementation and guiding a continued strategy for the growth of the Legacy Leaders program, and 50% of their time each month working with their individual portfolio to secure personal visits with prospects and will report on at least 8 substantive visits per month.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The SDPLG will be responsible for the following goals, duties, and responsibilities:
- Refine and grow the planned giving program at UWGA.
- In partnership with Marketing, develop planned giving marketing efforts to include digital strategies and targeted mailings.
- Provide annual training to Major Gifts team on planned giving best practices.
- Ensure all planned gifts are documented and recorded in CRM.
- Secure 10 new planned giving commitments annually.
- Steward current Legacy Leaders program members.
- Manage a portfolio of planned giving prospects/donors and major gift prospects/donors.
- Qualifying 30 new portfolio level major gift prospects.
- Submitting a minimum of 15 major gift solicitations per year at a level required by this position.
- Securing annual dollar goal as set by Development leadership.
- Making all contacts necessary via phone, email, other, to achieve the above-mentioned results.
- Documenting all data necessary to track said goals through the timely submission of activity within the UWGA CRM, as required by internal policies.
- Develop, implement, and manage a productive, fluid portfolio of 75-100 prospects through best practices.
- Exceed all yearly revenue and metric-driven goals.
- Promote collaboration, recognizing our shared goals, and regularly collaborate with colleagues within the Office of Development and other departments as needed.
- Ensure the proper stewardship of individuals.
- Increase awareness and knowledge among prospects, donors and other key stakeholders about the Child Well-Being Movement.
- Develop a solid and detailed working knowledge of United Way’s funding priorities and products
- Other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Development