We are actively searching for a Manager of Shelter Services to add to our team! The responsibilities are varied, and you will be working with multiple associations and staff members.
If you have experience working with children, residents, and families, are an amazing multi-tasker, thrive while working independently, learn new programs quickly, are ridiculously organized, and would list strategizing and implementing programs for member and revenue growth as some of your best skills, we want to hear from you!
This position coordinates and participates in the coverage needed for Weaver Center Crisis/Residential services, including
serving as Schedule Facilitator, facilitating onboarding and continuing training for DV Specialists and supervising all PRN
staff. This role also assists the Director of Crisis and Residential Services in day-to-day operations of the Domestic Violence
Relationships and Contacts
Within the organization: Initiates and maintains professional working relationships with immediate peers, other department
peers, other organization employees and immediate supervisor.
Outside the organization: Initiates and maintains professional working relationships with vendors and volunteers, as
1. Manages scheduling and operational issues for a 24-hour staffed crisis office, which includes both crisis hotline
operation and overseeing resident interactions in a shelter setting.
2. Provides rotating on-call leadership support to DV Specialists.
3. Manages a staff of temporary workers, or PRNs; establishing relationships with these staff and coordinating
logistics to fill schedule gaps in the operation of the crisis office.
4. Supervises and provides performance management of the PRN team in a consistent and timely manner.
5. Coordinates with the Director of Crisis and Residential Services in the day to day operations of the crisis office and
management of the DV Specialist team.
6. Acts as Schedule Facilitator and provides office coverage, as needed. This position will be required to work in the
crisis office when other coverage cannot be found.
7. Collaborates with members of Weaver management team and additional YWCA program staff to coordinate
referrals and services.
8. Monitors and assists in facilitation of onboarding staff training and compliance, including Title IX, VOCA, Crest
Customer Care, Trauma-informed care, proprietary YWCA training materials, and curriculum from partner
9. Coordinate and/or facilitate ongoing staff development trainings, ensuring staff are well versed in Positive Discipline
models, Adverse Childhood Experiences, Trauma Informed Care practices, Verbal De-Escalation techniques,
childrens enrichment activities, structural and systematic racism, and effective service delivery models. Ensures
domestic services program documentation is completed accurately and timely and in accordance with grant and
1. Attends All-Staff, programs, relevant community collaboration meetings and other meetings as requested.
2. Professionally represents the YWCA brand in an appropriate manner at relevant meetings and forums.
3. Ensures coordination of volunteers and interns, providing training and supervision.
4. Ensures implementation of and adherence to policies and procedures of YWCA and program services.
5. Protects resident confidentiality and confidentiality of records.
6. Provides transportation when necessary.
7. Perform other duties as assigned.