USA Sport Group is at the forefront of providing high-quality sports enrichment programs to over 50,000 children annually. With classes and camps taking place in over 400 towns across NY, NJ & CT including preschool sports, soccer, tennis, basketball, t-ball, and more, we are always on the lookout for great people to join our team.
As a USA Sport Group Intern you will gain hands-on work experience at an exciting, fast-paced, sports company. USA Sport Group internships can provide you with college course credits (depending on school requirements), or simply provide necessary work experience to prepare you for your future career.
The Sports Education & Coaching Internship is designed for students who are interested in the development of youth sports curriculums and coach education & performance. Students will gain knowledge and experience in writing and editing age-appropriate coaching plans, delivering coaching sessions, assisting with employee training, and more. This position is ideal for students wanting to aspire towards paid coaching positions and physical education instructors.
You will work alongside experienced professional coaches and receive guidance from our Education Manager on coaching best practices, strategies, and methods. You will have the opportunity to observe live practical sessions and lead your own age-appropriate drills, scrimmages and training sessions for children age 2-19, something that is often missing from typical instructional coaching courses.
Part of your experience will be based at our Head Office, where you will work under the guidance of the Education Manager to develop, write, and edit youth sports curriculum. You will assist with the planning and implementation of coaches training sessions and orientation events, and also monitor coach performance to maintain high program standards. Other responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Completing the USA Sport Group “Safe Kids” seminar and other development sessions
- Providing customer & coach support via the telephone and email
- Recording, tracking & analysing coaching performance profiles
- Assist customers with their registration via phone and live chat.
Does this sound like you?
- A love and passion for working with children of all ages in a sports setting
- A solid understanding of the rules associated with various sports
- Experience working with or coaching young children
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to deliver company philosophy and uphold customer service standards
- Clear and friendly phone manner
- Computer literate - especially Microsoft Office programs including Excel and Outlook
- Ability to multi-task in a pressurized environment
- Good communication skills both verbally and in written
- An interest or passion for sports
Flexible Internships Available
- 6-12 weeks of work experience
- 10-20 hours per week
- A blend of Virtual and onsite hours can be offered
- Customizable hours based around your studies
- Earn course credits
- Fall: 8-10 week semester. Start September through November/ December.
- Winter: 10-12 weeks semester. Start February through April
- Spring: 6-8 week semester. Typically start March/ beginning of April through May.
- Summer: 10-12 week semester. Start June through July/August.