Essential Functions (other duties may be assigned):
- Manage the facilities owned and leased by Habitat Charlotte to ensure they meet the needs of their occupants
- Routinely inspect facilities to identify preventative maintenance and repair needs
- General maintenance monitor / manage venders who do cleaning, landscaping, HVAC systems, etc. Perform preventative maintenance activities and repairs as needed (e.g., light bulb changes, unclog a sink/toilet, prune a tree, move furniture, etc.)
- Stock janitorial and other facilities supplies
- Facilitating solutions to any issues that may arise
- Buildings include: 3815/3816 Latrobe Offices, Cornelius Office, All ReStore locations, and Patton Ave Warehouse facility
- Assist with management of AmeriCorps apartments including leases, maintenance, apartment turns, and rent collection
- Assist with servicing tenants at 3816 Latrobe office
- Create and maintain positive vendor relationships to ensure that Habitat receives the best materials and services at the best pricing
- Manage life safety and security for Habitat buildings
- Stocking and maintenance of First Aid/Safety supplies, AEDs, etc
- Distribute keys and access badges
- Assist with CPI Security relationship
- Coordination of and compliance with Fire Code Inspections and Regulations
- Maintain up to date maintenance and MSDS logs at each facility
- Coordinate with senior staff on emergency action plans and disaster preparedness
- Oversee the acquisition and maintenance of Habitat vehicles and trailers
- Willingly adhere to Habitats Code of Conduct Policy and any other policies set forth by the organization
- Good verbal communication skills
- Be an effective team member when working with staff and volunteers
- Demonstrate a positive and respectful attitude when interacting with employees, homeowners, volunteers, and the public
- Represent Habitat in a positive, professional manner
- Show initiative
- Ability to quickly prioritize tasks and requests in real-time
- Ability to use office computer programs particularly Microsoft tools
- Regular and reliable job attendance
- Ability to work in an office setting (e.g., sit at a desk for several hours and use a computer particularly Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to perform general facility maintenance tasks (e.g., lift at least 25 pounds, use a ladder and power tools)
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Must have reliable transportation and be able transfer between locations during the workday, when the facilities truck is not available.
- Must be able to be insured by our primary automobile insurance carrier.
- Hours are typically 8:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday but may occasionally need to be available nights/weekends to handle emergencies or special projects.
Estimated Time Commitment: 40 hours/week
Habitat for Humanity of the Charlotte Region is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug-free workplace. A pre-employment drug screen and background check is required.
Habitat for Humanity of the Charlotte Region program funding often includes federal funding and this role may support federally funded activities. People qualifying as Section 3 residents per Section 3 of the HUD Act of 1968 (12 U.S.C § 1701u) and its associated regulations (24 C.F.R. Part 75) are encouraged to apply. Information on Section 3 qualifications and certification material available upon request.