We are looking for a Math Teacher (Algebra 1 & Geometry) to join the team at Arizona Collegiate High School in Phoenix, AZ. ACHS is a tuition-free charter school for grades 9-12. Our focus is helping our students develop their character through leadership and community service while mastering academic skills necessary to excel in high school, college, and the competitive professional world.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree, AZ Teaching Certificate preferred, or must meet the highly qualified standards in Content area.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reports to Principal
- Implements instructional activities that contribute to a climate where students are actively engaged in meaningful learning experiences
- Identifies, selects, and modifies instructional resources to meet the needs of the students with varying backgrounds, learning styles, and special needs
- Assists in assessing changing curricular needs and offers plans for improvement.
- Maintains effective and efficient record keeping procedures
- Provides a positive environment in which students are encouraged to be actively engaged in the learning process
- Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing, with students, parents, and other professionals on a regular basis
- Collaborates with peers to enhance the instructional environment
- Models professional and ethical standards when dealing with students, parents, peers, and community
- Ensures that student growth and achievement is continuous and appropriate for age group, subject area, and/or program classification
- Establishes and maintains cooperative working relationships with students, parents, and schools, as measured by Academy district/school survey results
- Assumes responsibility for meeting his/her course and school-wide student performance goals
- Demonstrates gains in student performance
- Participates in training and presentations about online teaching
- Meets professional obligations through efficient work habits such as: meeting deadlines, honoring schedules, coordinating
- All work responsibilities are subject to having performance goals and/or targets established as part of the annual performance planning process or as the result of organizational planning
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by their supervisor
- Must meet highly qualified standards in Math
- Knowledge of students in a learning environment
- Bi-Lingual in Spanish preferred
- Demonstrates strong work ethic to achieve academy goals
- Highly developed analytical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills.
- Ability to be a self starter and take initiative
- Accepts responsibility and is self-motivated
- Ability to multi-task and have time management skills
- Experience working with youth
- Strong verbal and writing skills
- Proficient in interpreting raw data into graphs or other visual aids
- Ability to be a team player
- Once trained, possess the ability to complete projects independently
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with people of varied social, cultural and educational backgrounds
- Ability to perform recurring tasks while maintaining a standard of excellence at all times
- Excellent overall computers skills including Microsoft Office, databases, and spreadsheets
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule, including some evenings, and weekends
- Must be able to obtain a valid Arizona driver's license and become insurable
- Must be able to obtain or current certification in Standard First Aid and CPR
- Must be able to obtain a Fingerprint clearance card
Excellent Benefits Include:
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Arizona State Retirement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Supplemental Insurance
- Employee Wellness Program
PPP requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID (including booster) as a condition of employment, subject to accommodation.
Must be 21 years of age (insurance requirement) and possess a valid AZ driver’s license with a “clean” or “acceptable” driving record. lege of employment with regards to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, disability, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, or any status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants and employees be given equal opportunity and that hiring and other employment-related decisions are based on job-related factors.
Please visit our website at https://www.partnershipschools.us/ to learn more about our organization and to apply.
Thank you for considering Pima Prevention Partnership – Partnership Schools as an employer.
We look forward to hearing from you!