Job Description: Pre-K Teacher Assistant
Guadalupe Centers Charter Schools are a free, open enrollment, public charter school currently serving students in grades Pre-K-12. Guadalupe Centers Charter Schools are part of the Guadalupe Educational System, Inc. (GES) under Guadalupe Centers, Inc. It is sponsored by the University of Central Missouri. The vision of GES is to empower students to succeed in college and their chosen professions by providing a rigorous and enriching learning experience that develops highly educated, socially conscious, culturally competent, contributing members of society.
Summary: To assist with creating a quality program and a class environment conducive to learning and personal growth; to establish effective rapport with students; to establish good relationships with parents and other staff members.
Reports To: Director of Pre-K
Essential Responsibilities and Duties: Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist and provide input with planning and developing creative curriculum and opportunities for social and emotional development.
- Promote and support children's social, emotional, and physical development.
- Work in collaboration with all program staff.
- Assist with implementation of lesson plans and daily activities both indoors and outdoors.
- Demonstrate the knowledge of early childhood theories of growth and development.
- Provide support with individualized learning opportunities to children in order to enhance their development of cognitive and language skills.
- Establish a quality early childhood learning environment, with attention to standards of health, safety, and organization and maintain the policies and procedures of the program.
- Consult with lead teacher on observations and assessment of children.
- Observe and document each childs learning and development.
- Assist with maintaining required individual children assessments in compliance with affiliated Federal and State guidelines.
- Provide lead role of lesson implementation in the absence of the Lead Teacher.
- Maintain a professional relationship with staff and families.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding children and parents.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain a positive relationship with children
- Must be able to bend, kneel and sit
- Associates Degree in Early Childhood or Associates Degree with 9 hours in Early Childhood
- Two (2) to four (4) years experience working in Early Childhood Education
- Must have early childhood classes in transcript
- Current Certificate in Early Childhood Education
- Preschool CDA required
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred
- Pass a background and drug screening
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and talk or hear and sometimes walk and sit. Occasionally the employee will bend or twist at the neck more than the average person. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally push or lift items. The employee is directly responsible for safety, wellbeing, and work output.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as the ability to read handwritten or typed material, and the ability to adjust focus. The position requires the individual to meet multiple demands from several people and interact with the public and other staff.
Application Process: PLEASE COMPLETE AN APPLICATION WHICH MAY BE FOUND AT WWW.GUADALUPECENTERS.ORG UNDER EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES. IF A POSITION REQUIRES A DEGREE, PLEASE ATTACH COPY OF TRANSCRIPTS/AND OR/ DEGREE CERTIFICATE TO YOUR APPLICATION. OTHER ATTACHMENTS SUCH AS COVER LETTER OR RESUME CAN ALSO BE UPLOADED AND ATTACHED TO THE APPLICATION.
Guadalupe Centers, Inc. conforms to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are Equal Opportunity Employer, who fully and actively supports equal access for all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information or Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and prohibits retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint, or otherwise oppose discrimination.