The Social Media & Content Manager will be responsible for managing the execution of social media and digital content on behalf of the Metro Atlanta Chamber’s (MAC) new talent and business strategy, leveraging digital channels to amplify metro Atlanta’s story. The Social Media & Content Manager role resides within MAC’s marketing team and will work closely with the Public Affairs, Investor Relations, Economic Development, and Innovation & Entrepreneurship departments, alongside MAC’s Channel & Analytics Manager and Design & Content Manager.
In this role, you will be a proactive, thoughtful, content creator with a passion for Atlanta people, culture and communities – something who is a creative and strategic thinker with the ability to manage multiple things at once, from high level brand campaigns to daily social media interactions. As the day-to-day manager of channels, you’re someone who can create, manage and execute various content across LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, and occasionally YouTube & TikTok, ensuring content is accurate, timely and aligned with MAC’s strategic imperatives.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (but not limited to):
- Developing video and image posts for multiple social media platforms.
- Writing and developing social media captions.
- Creating monthly editorial calendars and social media content plans; managing overall content calendar in line with annual marketing calendar.
- Partnering with the marketing team to create and execute social media campaigns, content ideas and editorial pieces.
- Setting key performance indicators (KPIs) creating actionable plans to both measure KPIs and content impact across social platforms and digital channels; including digital marketing campaigns.
- Working closely with Channel & Analytics manager to extract and analyze social media analytics, including engagement data and campaign KPIs to drive continuous improvement.
- Amplifying regional news and stakeholder announcements that are relevant to MAC’s 4 key audiences.
- Working closely with the Public Affairs communications team and department leadership to expediently manage crisis issues presented on social channels.
- Staying in compliance with MAC’s corporate and departmental policies/procedures and applicable platform regulations.
- Researching social media trends and informing management of changes that are relevant to MAC’s core marketing activities and campaigns.
- Working with MAC’s partners and key stakeholders to execute collaborative partnership initiatives.
- Minimum of 4 years of professional experience in marketing, communications, social media management or advertising agency related experience.
- Strong project management and organization skills.
- Strong writing capability.
- Solid multitasking and time-management skills, with a capacity to meet deadlines.
- Ability to offer knowledgeable social media perspective in working with a diverse, cross-section of investors, partners, and stakeholders.
- Proven problem-solving skills and ability to work within teams and with available to resources to deliver on requests.
- Photography and/or videography experience.
- Experience in Canva and Adobe CC is extremely valuable.
- You have a passion for all things marketing, content and social media.
- You’re highly organized, detail-oriented, self-starter who welcomes challenges.
- You employ a thoughtful, problem-solving approach to all MAC needs relating to marketing and communications.
- You’re able to interpret directional ideas from others and respond with compelling and insightful concepts.
- You adopt a client-service approach to work.
- You not only have a ton of ideas, you’re also good at offering them – to your co-workers, senior leadership team and partners.
- You can stand your ground when you feel something is negatively impacting brand, values or overall marketing effectiveness.