The Events Assistant is responsible for assisting the Conference Management team in the coordination and execution of multiple industry-leading events, conferences and workshops each year. This is a full-time, non-exempt position that is eligible for remote work and must reside local to ATA headquarters.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Compile and manage conference documents including: event evaluations, program agendas, participation agreements, post-event reports and attendee surveys.
· In partnership with Conference Management staff, oversee packing and shipping of all event materials from ATA headquarters to event sites; manage return shipping.
· Assist Show Floor Manager with managing Certificate of Insurance submission from exhibitors and Exhibitor Appointed Contractors.
· Manage event supporting organizations partnerships.
· Manage and triage event registration-related emails and phone inquiries in partnership with the Event Accountant
· Process and send visa invitation letters according to international invitation letter policy.
· Maintain positive working relationship with venues and uses function sheets to coordinate room sets, food and beverage and audio-visual needs.
· Assist with event logistics for in-person ATA events and conferences, including but not limited to: set up and tear down, online event support, customer service, shipping and receiving of event supplies
· Manage show VIP and Discount passes in partnership with Show Floor Manager and Event Accountant
· Ensure speaker, committee, and volunteer registrations are entered in a timely manner, and update databases and records as needed.
· As requested, assist department staff with speaker support including speaker contract management as well as ongoing speaker communication and detail confirmation.
· Assist department staff with sponsor and vendor communications, marketing promotions and event website updates.
· Assist in creation and maintenance of event mobile sites and/or mobile apps.
· Assist with data mining and attendee prospecting.
· Assist in the management of housing for major ATA meetings and events, to include: working with vendors, webpage set-up, main contact for housing calls, watching room pick-up, board housing and speaker housing needs.
· Assist in managing RFPs, coordinating event needs, and onsite execution of major event logistics including (but not limited to): staff scheduling, budgeting, security, temporary staff, speakers, hotels, travel and transportation, and audio-visual requirements.
· Perform related duties as assigned.