About the Metro Atlanta Chamber Public Policy Team
We strive to make the region and state better. Our team stands on facts and works to accurately frame issues. We invest in and nurture key relationships and constructively engage with external partners. We treat others as friends and future friends. We keep our word and follow through. We share credit, celebrate and value others; we act with integrity; we innovate and strive to generate high quality work. We convene stakeholders with various perspectives. We engage our investors. We believe in the long game and trust the process. We educate, create awareness and understanding, seek support, then act. We take fierce pride in our work and region.
JOB TITLE: Public Policy Administrative Assistant
The Public Policy Administrative Assistant (PPAA) will support the SVP(s) of Public Policy, functioning similar to a chief of staff. Responsible for effective day-to-day support and team collaboration, the PPAA is a trusted partner to all public policy team members. The PPAA facilitates flawless execution of MAC and PPD priorities by representing the SVP(s), public policy team and MAC with integrity, professionalism, responsiveness, and high-quality support. The ability to effectively problem-solve, anticipate needs and take initiative is critical.
- Candidate should have a minimum of two years professional experience working on a dynamic team.
- Candidate should have a broad working knowledge of metro Atlanta and Georgia, its assets, challenges and opportunities
- Track record as a strong team player, contributing effectively in dynamic, ever-changing environment
- Excellent written and verbal intrapersonal and communication skills
- Embraces new roles/challenges despite lack of direct experience
- Strong decision-making ability and attention to detail.
- Advanced calendar management, multi-tasking, and organizational skills
- Strong time management skills
- Proficiency using Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and social media platforms
- Ability to anticipate the SVP(s) needs and resourceful in accomplishing tasks and new challenges.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Flexible with work hours – some situations will require working additional hours to complete tasks that are deadline-sensitive
- Self-motivated, resilient, can effectively persevere in the face of challenges
- Administrative Support, project management, event planning and execution, research, communications
DAY-TO-DAY DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Perform Administrative duties as directed by the SVP.
- Prepare check requests and ensure expenditures are coded properly.
- Cross-train on QuickBooks, lobbyist expenditure filings, state disclosures for PAC and IE
- Plan and execute internal and external PPD events
- Manage data, retain records, develop reports
- Assist with department budget planning
- Organize and schedule meetings and events
- Collaborate with other staff on delegated responsibilities
- Carry out clerical duties, including answering phones and preparing documents
- Ensure timelines for work projects and reports are met.
- Assist in the creation of MAC’s written materials through both traditional and social media.
- Build relationships with key external partners including MAC investors, government affairs professionals and legislative staff
- Represent the Metro Atlanta Chamber at external functions as appropriate.