About the Metro Atlanta Chamber (MAC) Public Policy Team
We strive to make the region and state better. Our team stands on facts and works to accurately frame issues. We invest in and nurture key relationships and constructively engage with external partners. We treat others as friends and future friends. We keep our word and follow through. We share credit, celebrate and value others; we act with integrity; we innovate and strive to deliver high quality work. We engage our investors. We convene stakeholders with various perspectives. We believe in the long game and trust the process. We educate, create awareness and understanding, seek support, then act. We take fierce pride in our work and region.
Government Affairs Coordinator
Advance MAC’s public policy goals and provide support to the Public Policy department.
DAY-TO-DAY DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Monitor, research, and track in real-time legislative activity at the state and local government levels that could impact Georgia and the metro Atlanta region
- Attend and participate in government committee meetings, policy working groups, partner programs, etc.
- Interact with state and local elected officials and their staff, state agencies, and MAC members
- Plan and execute administrative tasks including accounting, budgeting, financial oversight, scheduling, communications, etc.
- Oversee operations of various entities, including fundraising, consultant selection and oversight, board communication, compliance, etc.
- Event and Communications Support
- Assist with planning and execution of chamber events, meetings, initiatives, and other policy events attended by investors, policy-makers, and partners.
- Assist with creating department communications, social media, website/blog content, etc.
- Foster relationships with MAC members, partners, other lobbyists, government officials, and government staff
- Plan and execute in-district legislative touches
- One to three years of experience preferred in government affairs, public policy, planning or community development
- Exceptional attention to details, organizational skills, and verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent social and interpersonal skills; capacity to interact with a wide variety of people in government, politics, civic and business leadership
- Self-starter, capable of working independently and collaboratively with other team members to produce desired outcomes
- High energy, versatile, and able to multi-task; flexible, able to adapt to changing priorities and plans