Title: Facilities Assistant I Employment Status: Full Time
Department: Facilities Location: Marlborough/Ayer
Reports To: VP. Facilities/PSO
SUMMARY: Under the direction of the VP of Facilities/ Physical Security Officer (VPF/PSO) the Facilities Assistant I, participates in ensuring all locations are properly prepared for employees and customers for the purpose of maintaining exceptional customer service. Additionally, it is expected that this position assist with projects that affect the department and the bank as a whole, acts as a resource for other team members in the Facilities Department and embraces the established sales and service culture to maximize their contribution to the Bank’s goals.
The position is based out of the Marlborough Operations location with regular travel to all other Bank locations. To support special projects and/or coverage needs, this position will be required to report to the Ayer Operations location as needed and requires participation in the departments after business hours on call rotation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES: In the performance of respective tasks and duties, the employee is expected to successfully perform quality work within deadlines with or without supervision, interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers; work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments and work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
- Responsible for processing of daily mail ensuring timely accurate delivery to all recipients.
- Pick-up incoming mail from the post office sort to deliver; meter out going correspondences and packages to be brought to the post office; record postage and replenish postage in meter as needed.
- Drive following a predetermined route to branches, along with items and materials to be dropped off/picked-up and then sorted appropriately, following established procedures in transportation of information.
- Drive to make other pick-ups and/or deliveries as needed.
- Oversee/monitor work being performed by vendors during and outside of regular business hours.
- Monitor and maintain work orders through Service Desk as directed by Manager.
- Perform branch location inspections as directed
- Perform routine preventative maintenance at all bank locations to include but not limited to painting, window washing, replacing fixtures and bulbs, ATM and drive-up cleaning, lawn mowing, light snow removal duties, such as shoveling, snow blowing, sanding, etc., ensuring all locations are properly prepared for employees and customers for ease of access and esthetically pleasing. Reporting any safety hazards to the Manager
- Participation in the departments after business hours on call rotation.
- Maintain supply area and other assigned areas in a clean and orderly manner.
- Responsible for the workflow to ensure all vendor Certificates of Insurance (COI) are up to date as well as other essential documents within vendor management system.
- Assists in performing due diligence on potential new vendors
- Participates in record storage and destruction process
- Supports and acts as back up to the Facilities Assistant II
- Assist in maintaining physical security systems access control, keys and camara system
- Active participant with BCP/DR and emergency preparedness, testing and activation.
- Regular and consistent attendance is required to continue the high standard of customer service
- In the performance of respective tasks and duties, the employee is expected to maintain knowledge of and ensure compliance with Bank Secrecy Act regulations and adheres to compliance procedures and internal/operational risk controls in accordance with any and all applicable regulatory standards, requirements and policies as well as attending all required training sessions and completing all required on-line training courses.
- Other duties as assigned.
LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Work is not routine, predominately manual and completed with limited supervision.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Understanding of Banking industry and standards a plus
- Light carpentry skills and use of a variety of hand and power tools, required. Carpentry, electrical, plumbing/HVAC and mechanical experience with licenses preferred
- Adhere to OSHA Safety Standards and good work practices.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite products
- Knowledge of principles and practices of safe motor vehicle operation; traffic laws and rules involved in motor vehicle operation.
- Valid Massachusetts Driver’s License and acceptable driving record and personal auto insurance coverage
- Solid understanding and application of and ability to operate standard office equipment
- Previous experience using a mail metering and mail inserter/stuffing machines a plus
- Mathematical problem-solving using addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
- Sound Prioritization
- Excellent communication skills
- Vendor management skills
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to organize multiple projects, managing competing demands and able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events managing workflow and use time efficiently prioritizing to meet tight deadlines
- Relationship Builder - Develops and maintains relationships with officers, employees and external contacts and maintains alignment with core values, vision, strategy, and goals.
- Team player
- Confidentiality, Discretion
- Initiative, creativity, and resourcefulness
- Utilizes technology/systems to improve work processes and create efficiencies and uses a range of technology to solve problems.
LANGUAGE/COGNITIVE SKILLS: The work skills described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The person in this position frequently communicates with all departments, vendors and occasionally with customers, and therefore must be able to exchange accurate information in these cases. They will need to, use judgment and discretion in decision making situations, interpret and follow all Bank policies and procedures, write/create reports and business correspondence, (Main Street Bank’s standard language is English). As well as the ability to:
- Speak and effectively present/communicate information and respond to questions from customers, groups of managers, vendors, and other employees.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Read, analyze and interpret a variety documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT: The physical and work environment demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Regularly operate/drive a vehicle 50% of the time - Daily local travel for bank purposes and/or on behalf of the bank (i.e. pick up and deliver mail, emergency repairs, perform routine maintenance, meet with vendors).
- Regular use of hand tools and/or power tools
- Regularly lift, carry and/or move up to 100 pounds, (i.e. equipment, boxes, mail, shovel)
- Frequently required to position self to perform function such as, ascend/descend ladders to perform installs/repairs, run power equipment and hand tools, push, pull, climb or balance; stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, or crawl and access tight spots.
- Occasionally required to remain in a stationary position, 15% of the time
Mental & Visual Demands
- Routinely operate a computer
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Regular use of office productivity machinery (i.e. mail metering and envelope stuffing machines, calculator, copy machine, fax machine, computer, printer).
Work Environment and Hazards
- Regularly required to move throughout the inside and outside areas of the Bank to access resources and individuals and preform services and /or maintenance.
- The job regularly requires flexibility regarding time and scheduling sometimes requiring work to be done outside of a normally scheduled workday which may include early morning, evening and/or weekend hours to ensure the department/business needs are met.
- Occasionally work may be performed outside and/or in the maintenance and utility/storage rooms.
- Work may occasionally be performed outside with exposure to various weather conditions such as rain, heat and/or cold.
- 75% of the time It is a general office environment where the noise level is moderate however may be loud at times when operating power equipment such as leaf blower, lawn mower, snow blower, etc.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT: Main Street Bank complies with all aspects of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. This means that we will not discriminate against qualified individuals with a disability in any phase of the employment relationship including application for employment, hiring, promotions and/or advancement opportunities, termination, compensation, training and any other conditions or privileges of employment