We are looking for a full time Special Education Teacher to join the team! Arizona Collegiate High School is a tuition-free Alternative charter school for grades 9-12, honored by the Education Equity Foundation as a top school for closing the achievement gap for at-risk students. Our dedicated teachers and support staff, small class sizes, and individualized, career-focused learning plans help our students develop the skills they need to achieve success in high school and beyond.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree. AZ Department of Education Special Education, Provisional, Reciprocal or Standard Certificate.
- Must meet the highly qualified standards in content area, and current SEI endorsement (Structured English Immersion).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reports to Principal
- Provide direct services to special needs students
- Serves as Case Manager to Special Education students
- Schedule IEPs, set up meetings, and follow up on attendees
- Ensure all documents are ready prior to IEP meeting
- Maintain and organize records to ensure regulatory compliance
- Update Special Education database with accommodations, dates, and other needed information
- Implements instructional activities that contribute to a climate where students are actively engaged in meaningful learning experiences.
- Identifies, selects, and modifies instructional resources to meet the needs of the students with varying backgrounds, learning styles, and special needs.
- Assists in assessing changing curricular needs and offers plans for improvement.
- Maintains effective and efficient record keeping procedures.
- Provides a positive environment in which students are encouraged to be actively engaged in the learning process.
- Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing, with students, parents, and other professionals on a regular basis.
- Collaborates with peers to enhance the instructional environment.
- Models professional and ethical standards when dealing with students, parents, peers, and community.
- Ensures that student growth and achievement is continuous and appropriate for age group, subject area, and/or program classification.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative working relationships with students, parents, and schools, as measured by Academy district/school survey results.
- Assumes responsibility for meeting his/her course and school-wide student performance goals.
- Demonstrates gains in student performance.
- Participates in training and presentations about online teaching.
- Meets professional obligations through efficient work habits such as: meeting deadlines, honoring schedules, coordinating.
- All work responsibilities are subject to having performance goals and/or targets established as part of the annual performance planning process or as the result of organizational planning.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by their supervisor.
- Must meet highly qualified standards in content area
- Must hold AZ Dept. of Education Certificate
- Current SEI endorsement (Structured English Immersion)
- Knowledge of students in a learning environment
- Bi-Lingual in Spanish preferred
- Demonstrates strong work ethic to achieve academy goals
- Highly developed analytical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills.
- Ability to be a self starter and take initiative
- Accepts responsibility and is self-motivated
- Ability to multi-task and have time management skills
- Experience working with youth
- Strong verbal and writing skills
- Proficient in interpreting raw data into graphs or other visual aids
- Ability to be a team player
- Once trained, possess the ability to complete projects independently
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with people of varied social, cultural and educational backgrounds.
- Ability to perform recurring tasks while maintaining a standard of excellence at all times
- Excellent overall computers skills including Microsoft Office, databases, and spreadsheets
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule, including some evenings, and weekends.
- Must be able to obtain a valid Arizona driver's license and become insurable
- Must be able to obtain or current certification in Standard First Aid and CPR
- Must obtain a IVP Fingerprint clearance card.
Excellent Benefits Include:
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Arizona State Retirement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Supplemental Insurance
- Employee Wellness Program
- Earned Paid Sick Time
PPP requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID (including booster) as a condition of employment, subject to accommodation.
Must be 21 years of age (insurance requirement) and possess a valid AZ driver’s license with a “clean” or “acceptable” driving record.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met, or are encountered, by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Thank you for considering Pima Prevention Partnership – Partnership Schools as an employer.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Pima Prevention Partnership is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or in any other term, condition, or privilege of employment with regards to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, disability, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, or any status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants and employees be given equal opportunity and that hiring and other employment-related decisions are based on job-related factors.