Promotes a recovery based approach to member care that emphasizes hope, respect, self-direction and empowerment by providing peer support, personal assistance, education on community resources, supportive services, advocacy and other support primarily in-home and/or in the community to aid in members recovery from mental illness and/or addiction disorders .
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Under direct supervision, provides supportive assistance to, and the modeling of self-advocacy with the member to help him/her research and access needed and desired community resources.
- Works cooperatively with others to assure the smooth and seamless delivery of comprehensive services to members.
- Assist members in choosing, obtaining and keeping wellness and healthy lifestyle related goals.
- Use a variety of methods, tailored to the individual, to move through the process of setting and reaching health and wellness related goals.
- Compile and share wellness and healthy lifestyle resources for members, staff and/or other stakeholders.
- Provide structure and support to promote personal progress and accountability.
- Assists in the development and coordination of activities, programs, and resources which directly support members or family members/caregivers of consumers in achieving wellness and recovery goals. For example: Assists consumers in obtaining benefits, i.e. SSI, AHCCCS/Medicare, Section 8, identification cards.
- Assists members with advocating and/or obtaining resources to live in a safe environment (personal safety, food supply, utilities and appliances working, adequacy of furnishings, and lack of fire hazards).
- Provides instruction in activities of daily living (nutrition, meal planning, shopping, and meal preparation; budgeting; home cleaning and organization; personal grooming and laundry).
- Communicates with clinical team regarding members level of independent functioning and current levels of support provided.
- Travels to members residences to provide peer support, personal assistance and other supportive in-home services.
- Transports members to and from appointments and treatment settings (agency vehicle) as appropriate.
- Relates own recovery process in a positive and supportive manner through coaching, role modeling and mentoring in order to assist members in developing skills to achieve their goals.
- Completes documentation for behavioral health record in accordance with agency and funding source requirements.
- Advocates for members, as needed, to ensure delivery of necessary services.
- Provides crisis intervention, as needed, and notifies Supervisor and treatment team.
- Meets, as assigned, with new members providing peer support and orientation to CODAC sites.
- Answers members questions using Customer Service Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and CODAC policies and procedures as guides.
- Assists in the scheduling of follow-up - appointments for members.
- Participates as in provision of Desk Duty or Counselor of the Day by meeting with walk-in members to address urgent and emergent needs of members.
- Manages an assigned caseload of members to assure members records are up to date as required including but not limited to assessments, ASAM assessments, consents, releases of information.
- Provides Outreach and engagement through calls, letters, coordination with community programs, home visits, etc. as appropriate.
- Performs other related duties in accordance with agency growth and changes.