In full partnership with families & communities, Graham Windham strives to make a life-altering difference to children, youth and families affected by abuse, neglect and delinquency by providing each child we serve with a strong foundation for life: a safe, loving, permanent family and the opportunity and preparation to thrive in school and in the world. With over 400 full-time, part-time and on-call employees serving children and families in multiple programs throughout Manhattan, the Bronx, Brooklyn and Harlem, Graham Windham provides an exciting & enriching work experience.
Graham Windham is the first organization in New York City to implement Solution -Based Casework (SBC). Solution -Based Casework helps children and families to be the solution to the seemingly insurmountable problems in their lives, from generational cycles of poverty, abuse, and neglect to unemployment, domestic violence, and severe health problems. By recognizing and reinforcing their innate strengths and ability to cope, we at Graham Windham empower them to take the lead in making change in their lives.
Our child welfare focused “Prevention Programs” are located in three of New York City’s highest risk communities, central Brooklyn, the Bronx (Hunts Point and Tremont), and Harlem. These programs help families care safely for their children while addressing underlying conditions that can lead to child abuse or neglect, such as parental depression, family stress, substance use or domestic violence. Using Solution-Based Casework, we actively work with parents to help them develop a more active, consistent and productive role in their child’s educational and social development; we encourage families to build connections to positive supports in their community who will help them sustain their progress.
The Case Planner in our Preventive programs provides assessment, engagement, case management and other support services which help ensure that children have strong families to grow up in and have the preparation and opportunity to succeed in school and life. Learn more about what it is like to be a Case Planner at Graham Windham by watching our Realistic Job Previews at http://www.graham-windham.org/careers/employee-videos/.
- Creates, in partnership with families, service plans which address safety, behavioral, educational, and psychological and permanency needs.
- Monitors safety, well-being and progress against other critical outcomes by facilitating regular casework contacts in the home and by documenting the same in progress notes and other case documentation.
- Collaborates with internal and external service providers and other stakeholders through clear and timely verbal and written communication.
- Participates actively in Family Court Hearings, Family Team Conferences and other meetings to advance permanency for children and families.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Full-time position: starting salary at $52,800/annually. Graham Windham offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, and vision coverage, paid time off, holiday pay, retirement savings plan, and much more.