Job Title: On Call Teacher Aide/Substitute Teacher
Job Classification: On Call/Part Time, Non-exempt
Report to: Teacher/Site Manager
STEP (Substitute Teacher Empowerment and Placement) is a non-profit program funded by the San Francisco OECE (Office of Early Care and Education) and administered by Kai Ming Head Start to provide affordable sub teacher staffing for childcare centers and promote fair wages and professional development for teachers. If you have completed at least 3-6 ECE units and are interested in working with young children ages 0- 5, please apply now.
STEP provide great benefits, flexible hours and work locations in San Francisco, ongoing paid training, learning community and lots of professional development opportunities to help you step into ECE field and be empowered! Check out STEP website www.ecestep.org or call 415-960-1351 for more information.
Job: This position functions as a ‘floater’ in the center supporting classrooms when needed. The primary role of this position is to support classroom activities, supervision and needs. The secondary role is to ensure quality food service and sanitation in the center.
I. Primary responsibility is to assist the teaching staff, which includes the following duties:
- Prepare classroom activities and classroom environment
- Assist with implementation of curriculum as needed
- Supervise children at all times
- Help ensure indoor/outdoor safety
- Oversee the daily nap routine
- Communicate with parents at pick-up time when needed
- Interact with children appropriately
- Report inappropriate behavior of staff, parents and on-site consultants to the appropriate supervisor.
- Assists center administration staff as assigned by the site manager (e.g. checks and open doors, answer phones, etc.)
- Perform other duties as assigned by the teacher or site manager
II. Secondary role is to assist teachers and/or center aide with kitchen duties as needed. These duties include:
- Receive food from driver and check delivery against driver sheet
- Check and record temperature of food and foods served, and reheating as needed
- Check and record refrigerator/freezer temperatures
- Prepare meals for each class
- Clean up and washing dishes
- Maintain a sanitation log
Qualifications: Kai Ming is looking for experienced classroom personnel who can attend to the care and education of young children in a high quality setting to foster their school readiness and establish a foundation for success in school and life.
- At least have past experience working with children 0 to 5 years old; and
- (NOT REQUIRED) 3-6 units in Child Development/Early Childhood Education.