Gotham Greens is seeking a dynamic Distribution Supervisor to lead the Distribution team. The Distribution Supervisor will oversee receipt, picking, packing and shipping of inventory in our Chicago, IL facility. This position will also ensure that all orders meet the Distribution standards for productivity, quality, timeliness and customer service. This is a hands-on role requiring an individual is a team player, one who is willing to roll up their sleeves, and isn’t afraid to get dirty. The ideal candidate is passionate about sustainable agriculture and embraces Gotham Greens’ core values and mission
Prior experience in the natural and organic food industry a plus but not required. This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic, self-motivated and organized individual to assume a position at a rapidly growing, innovative, disruptive company in the 21st century food system.
What You'll Do
- Leads the Distribution team (pickers + packers + loaders) to ensure high level of service to customers. Ensures that staff works as a team. Participates in setting expectations and writing performance appraisals. Leads by example, communicates information and provides coaching and training on new procedures.
- Manages employee schedules, sick time and PTO, minimize OT, and professionally address employee concerns/complaints.
- Works with team performing material handling tasks in picking, packing, receiving, transferring and shipping areas.
- Responsible for proper FIFO rotation on the different products and keep records for proper traceability, provides daily cooler and freezer inventory (if applicable), checks additional inventory in off-site locations.
- Responsible for distribution or transfers of Growing Materials and packaging materials as needed.
- Ensures compliance with food safety protocols for the safe transport of finished product, including food safety logs, handling of product with proper temperature control and cleanliness of delivery vehicles. Also ensure the team follows food safety policies in all areas of the operations.
- Works with the team and manager to ensure that distribution productivity, quality and teamwork objectives are met.
- Ensures distribution equipment is in good condition and used as recommended by manufacturer.
- Ensures employees’ safety in the P&P process
- Prioritizes work, follows the plan for daily work schedules, tracks and monitors shipping and packing slip documents.
- Communicates regularly with Plant Manager to review productivity and employee status/issues.
- Ensures a safe work environment for all employees.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Accomplishes related results as needed.
Who You Are
- Ability to lead by example with a “can do” attitude
- Experience in greenhouse work and/or hydroponics
- Familiarity with ERP and inventory control
- Experience with food safety practices, goals, rules, and regulations
- Great multitasking abilities and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- A strong desire to learn and grow
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in data collection and recording
- Ability to motivate, inspire and coach hourly workforce
- Problem-solving skills and foresight- capable to identify areas of efficiencies
- Ability to work weekend and holiday coverage will be required on an as needed basis