The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
The mission of the Public Health Laboratory (PHL) is to ensure the health of all New York City (NYC) residents by providing quality laboratory testing services which address the needs of the NYC DOHMH and its community partners as they respond to clinical and environmental public health concerns.
PHL is seeking to hire a qualified Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) Coordinator. This position will oversee Information Technology staff and coordinate their activities with laboratory staff.
• Serves as LIS coordinator and oversees implementation and enhancements of Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS).
• Researches and implements enhancements to the LIMS, often in collaboration with partners from other Bureaus and Divisions of the NYC DOHMH.
• Supervises staff in conducting research projects and data analysis efforts using laboratory tests results to monitor testing performance, volume and lab test results.
• Directs staff to run queries, generate reports and develop analysis programs, related to lab testing performance, volume and lab test results.
• Develops written Standard Operating Procedures Manuals (SOPM): and ensures all results are reported in a timely and accurate manner. Recognizes, troubleshoots and initiates corrective action for problems in a timely manner.
• Maintains accurate records of activities performed.
• Participates in the quality system as required by job functions and title assignments in the laboratory.
• Writes original manuscripts for publication based on data analyses.