Gotham Greens is seeking a dynamic Distribution Supervisor to lead the Distribution Team in our new Davis, CA greenhouse facility. The Distribution Supervisor will oversee receipt, picking, packing, and shipping of inventory. This position will also ensure that all orders meet the company's distribution standards for productivity, quality, timeliness, and customer service. This is a hands-on role requiring an individual who is a team player, one who is willing to roll up their sleeves and isnt afraid to get dirty. The ideal candidate is passionate about sustainable agriculture and embraces Gotham Greens core values and mission
Prior experience in the natural and organic food industry a plus but not required. This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic, self-motivated and organized individual to assume a position at a rapidly growing, innovative, disruptive company in the 21st-century food system.
What You'll Do
- Leads the Distribution team (pickers + packers + loaders) to ensure a high level of service to customers. Ensures that staff works as a team. Participates in setting expectations and writing performance appraisals. Leads by example, communicates information, and provides coaching and training on new procedures.
- Manages employee schedules, sick time and PTO, minimizes OT, and professionally addresses employee concerns/complaints.
- Works with the team in performing material handling tasks in picking, packing, receiving, transferring, and shipping areas.
- Responsible for proper FIFO rotation on the different products and keep records for proper traceability, provides daily cooler and freezer inventory (if applicable), checks additional inventory in off-site locations.
- Responsible for distribution or transfers of Growing Materials and packaging materials as needed.
- Ensures compliance with food safety protocols for the safe transport of finished product, including food safety logs, handling of product with proper temperature control, and cleanliness of delivery vehicles.
- Ensures the team follows food safety policies in all areas of the operations.
- Works with the team and manager to ensure that distribution productivity, quality, and teamwork objectives are met.
- Ensures distribution equipment is in good condition and used as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Ensures employees safety in the P&P process
- Prioritizes work, follows the plan for daily work schedules, tracks, and monitors shipping and packing slip documents.
- Communicates regularly with Plant Manager to review productivity and employee status/issues.
- Ensures a safe work environment for all employees.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Accomplishes related results as needed.
Who You Are
- Ability to lead by example with a can do attitude
- Experience in greenhouse work and/or hydroponics
- Familiarity with ERP and inventory control
- Experience with food safety practices, goals, rules, and regulations
- Great multitasking abilities and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- A strong desire to learn and grow
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in data collection and recording
- Ability to motivate, inspire and coach hourly workforce
- Problem-solving skills and foresight- capable to identify areas of efficiencies
- Ability to work weekend and holiday coverage will be required on an as needed basis
Who We Are
Gotham Greens is on a mission to transform how and where fresh produce is grown. We are a pioneer in urban indoor agriculture and a leading fresh produce and food company. Through our national network of local high-tech farms, Gotham Greens delivers fresh, long-lasting, and delicious leafy greens, herbs, salad dressings, and pesto dips all year round to retail, restaurant, and foodservice customers. Founded in 2009, the company opened its first greenhouse in Brooklyn, N.Y., shortly thereafter. Today, Gotham Greens operates 500,000 square feet of high-tech greenhouses across five U.S. states.
Our team of nearly 500 is hard-working, supportive, and passionate about sustainable urban agriculture. We work to create an environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. Gotham Greens is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Gotham Greens offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. We are proud to be an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies, please.