A ReStore Associate helps process donations, load and unload items, and assist customers as needed. Tasks include cleaning, pricing, stocking, and rearranging items, in addition to providing friendly customer service at all times. Works to ensure that customers and donors have a positive experience at the ReStore; this includes providing friendly customer service, assisting in loading purchases and unloading donations, and operating the cash register.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with customers by providing high-quality customer service.
- Answer customer questions regarding the ReStore in general and specific items.
- Ensure that all areas of the store/warehouse are safe, clean, and organized.
- Guard against theft and unsafe practices (clutter, tripping hazards, falling objects, etc.)
- Operate point of sale system to ring up customers.
- Assist with the receiving of inventory.
- Assist Customers with purchases – lifting, carrying and loading items up to 50 lbs.
- Move materials from warehouse to store floor.
- Evaluate condition/acceptability of incoming donations.
- Price materials to be sold.
- Display merchandise in a way that maximizes sales.
- Supervise volunteers as assigned.
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary.