Primary Objectives of Position:
- Support the crop management activities of the Pest Pros crop consultants
- Insect, disease, weed and crop nutritional problem assessment and management
Responsibilities of the Position:
- Field monitoring for insects, disease, weeds and other nutritional or cultural problems.
- Scouting report generation using Field Recon software.
- Reporting observations to the supervising crop consultant.
- Submitting crop samples with symptoms to the crop consultant.
- Tissue sampling and sample preparation and handling.
- Nematode or other disease sampling. Sample log-in and preparation.
- Generate field report by the scouts and forwarded to the consultant for grower contact
- Work in teams of two in conjunction with a crop consultant to make crop management decisions
- Visit growers’ fields on a once per week or biweekly basis
- Scout vehicle care and maintenance.
- Facility care and maintenance.
- Special projects related to each internship