To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Manages payroll process that includes importing, proofing, editing, processing, and transmitting all payroll wages, deductions, reimbursements, bonuses, and commissions, consistent with federal and state wage and hour laws.
- Performs payroll-related functions including but not limited to processing new hires, approving electronic PAFs for wage changes, terminations, or other status changes and submitting wage garnishments to HRIS team, or other system-based tasks.
- Provides an ongoing evaluation of comprehensive employee benefit programs and communicates with affiliated vendors / providers. Supports open enrollment process.
- Manages the unemployment process, including responding to claims, appeals, and participating in hearings.
- Responds to routine inquiries concerning benefits, payroll topics such as deductions, accruals, or wage garnishments, employee handbook or policy questions and employment verifications.
- Participates and assists with the Annual Performance Appraisal process.
- Assists with initial hiring / employee onboarding tasks including but not limited to I-9 completion, background checks, eVerify processing, and assignment of electronic checklists.
- Periodically participates in employee relations discussions or investigations.
- May assist with recruitment; review applications and conduct phone interviews to match experience with specific job-related requirements.
- Gather and analyze data with useful HR metrics in payroll, benefits or recruiting areas.
- Responsible for ensuring employees are on and off boarded in a seamless and professional manner and ensure all compliance requirements are met
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Other duties as assigned.