The Accounts Payable Clerk is primarily responsible for the day-to-day accounts payable processing and payments for Andrews McMeel Universal. Responsibilities include processing accounts payable invoices and payments, report generation and accounting for transactions, understanding approval procedures, producing vendor correspondence, and special projects, as needed.
- Invoice Processing and Payment
- Review invoices for accuracy and completeness
- Assign proper asset and/or expense coding to invoices
- Input invoice data into Microsoft Dynamics GP accounts payable system
- Route invoices for proper manager approval
- Generate and mail payments ensuring timeliness and accuracy
- Post accounts payable transactions to accounts payable sub-ledger and general ledger
- Maintain files of vendor documents and payments and keep filing up-to-date
- Record wire payments and credit card transactions through accounts payable system
- Report Generation and Accounting for Transactions
- Work with AP Manager to ensure that all monthly closing activities are accurately completed on time
- Review aged AP Trial balance to ensure that payments are made promptly
- Work with AP Manager to reconcile accounts payable sub-ledger to general ledger
- Vendor correspondence
- Correspond with vendor contacts discussing terms and outstanding invoices as needed
- Maintenance of vendor profiles with proper names, addresses, and terms
Computer and organizational skills are important for the accounts payable clerk position.
- .Ability to efficiently operate and utilize a PC computer with Windows operating system, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Word software.
- Ability to understand and learn new skills and software applications as needed.
- Ability to interact with other AMU departments on a regular basis.
- An associate or bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration or equivalent experience
- Ability to interact and communicate with others.
- Ability to learn new skills as needed.