Picture yourself at an amazing organization committed to inspire a lasting love and appreciation for dance through artistic excellence, exhilarating performances, innovative choreography and superb educational programs. At Houston Ballet, you’ll be surrounded by creative teams who challenge you, support you, inspire you, and celebrate artistic achievement.
This position requires an organized, self-motivated individual to manage VIP experience, assist with donor communication, and provide administrative support to the Chief Development Officer. Please note this position requires evening and weekend work to support VIP Experience and for performance duty.
- Coordinates all VIP Experience branding, marketing strategies, event logistics, securing supplies, managing guest list, tracking expenses, correspondence with event guests, and event day duties.
- Manages bi-weekly development staff meeting and department-wide training opportunities.
- Assists in preparing donor communication, particularly proposals, solicitation letters, donor packets, and general correspondence, sponsorship packets, reports, and forms.
- Maintains office services by organizing office operations and procedures, ordering supplies, tracking expenses, and maintaining office files.
- Assists with coordinating staff birthdays and anniversaries. Supports recognition of donor birthdays and ensuring supply of donor gifts.
- General office and events assistance, upon request
- Special projects, upon request
Minimum REQUIRED Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum two years’ work experience
- Strong verbal, written, interpersonal communication, and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Windows-based applications including knowledge of database, Internet, spreadsheet, and word processing software
- Tessitura experience is a significant plus
- Detail oriented
- Ability to collaborate, take initiative and make effective decisions
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- A respect for confidentiality
*Only applicants that meet the required qualifications and that submit
ALL of the requested documents will be considered for this position.
Due to the large number of applications we receive, we will not be able to acknowledge receipt of your resume.
NO PHONE CALL INQUIRES, PLEASE.
Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Access & EEO Statement:
Houston Ballet is dedicated to creating meaningful change by cultivating a space that honors what is unique in all of us. Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access (IDEA) are instrumental in the fulfillment of our mission and values. We recognize our responsibility to be an inclusive and open organization for students, artists, staff, trustees, and volunteers of all backgrounds. Join us, together we are Houston Ballet.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Houston Ballet’s shared values are essential to our success as a world-class ballet company and academy. These values guide our decisions and behaviors and shape our culture.
- EXCELLENCE: We are passionate about results. Our programs are recognized and awarded for excellence. We are committed to delivering quality programs at the highest standard. Work in all departments matches the caliber of the programming on stage.
- ENGAGED: We are proud to be a part of a company that produces art and trains artists. We attend performances and are tremendous advocates for the education and community engagement programs we offer. We are “all in” and well-versed in the mission of Houston Ballet.
- DRIVEN: We are driven to take goals and run with them. We are excited to deliver results beyond expectations. We are accountable for our actions and work. We reinvent Standard Operations Procedures, leaving our jobs better than we found them. Much of our work product becomes the standard for individuals who will fill our roles in the years to come.
- COLLABORATIVE: We unite around Houston Ballet’s mission and support each other in reaching goals. We share information widely and generously and treat our team members, customers, and patrons with respect and sensitivity. We embrace inclusion, diversity, equity, and access. We recognize our responsibility to be an open, welcoming, and anti-racist organization where students, artists, staff, trustees, and volunteers of all backgrounds collaboratively learn, work and serve. We nurture the growth and understanding of how each of us fits into the larger picture and we celebrate organizational achievements.
- PATRON-CENTERED: Our patrons (subscribers/supporters/donors/stakeholders) are at the center of all we do and are at the top of our minds in our decisions and actions. Our patrons are delighted by the excellent customer service they receive at every interaction at Houston Ballet.