At Bennett Thrasher, we offer the expertise and opportunities of a large accounting firm, while providing a commitment to culture and a family-like work atmosphere. By joining our firm, you’ll have immediate opportunities to collaborate on meaningful work with clients in a variety of industries and work together with other associates across practices. You’ll not only be able to dive into challenging projects with a diverse set of clients, you’ll also have opportunities to participate in firm activities that reflect your individual passions; from our Business Resource Groups to the BT Foundation.
We work hard to help our clients solve challenges, but we also believe in taking time for what matters and offer benefits for you that reflect this mindset. We offer a competitive benefits program that includes generous vacation time, exceptional opportunities for growth and flexibility in both our dress code and work model. Apply today to learn more about how you can excel in a career with Bennett Thrasher.
Bennett Thrasher (“BT”) has an opening for a Senior Associate in our Risk Advisory Group. Working as part of a team and utilizing resources to add value to clients, a Senior Associate is primarily responsible for the direction and leadership of engagement field work, assignment of detailed work to staff, and initial review of work product.
- Gains a comprehensive understanding of clients’ IT environments, processes and business objectives, and utilizes that knowledge throughout engagements
- Performs risk-based IT audit procedures that require appropriate understanding of clients’ IT environments, processes, and internal controls
- Analyzes client audit evidence to assess the suitability of design and operating effectiveness of IT internal control activities
- Applies technical guidance as appropriate for compliance-oriented engagements such as Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) reviews or System and Organizational Controls (SOC) examinations
- Leads engagement teams in performance of IT audits using effective delegation to maximize engagement efficiency
- Applies critical thinking to formulate potential solutions to client challenges as part of IT and business risk consulting engagements
- Recognizes potential issues from basic analysis of IT environments, processes, and internal controls, and/or from performance of audit procedures, and effectively communicates them to the team
- Researches potential issues and presents own conclusions prior to discussing with managers/partners
- Gives and receives feedback to minimize repeated errors and to apply new concepts
- Plans and executes various types of IT audit engagements to determine if client internal control activities are suitably designed and operating effectively
- Actively studying and preparing for relevant certifications such as Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), or Certified Public Accountant (CPA)