Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Accessibility Lead
The American Printing House for the Blind (APH), a world leader in creating learning solutions and pathways to success for children and adults who are blind or low vision, is seeking an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Accessibility Lead. This role will be a primary contributor to the testing effort and will primarily be responsible for ADA, WCAG, 508 Compliance testing for websites and mobile applications. Reporting to the Director of Ecommerce, IT. The candidate is expected to work onsite and attend onsite meetings as needed.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Testing to be conducted in accordance with the Web Content Accessibility Guideline 2.1 standards and requirements of Section 508 (29 U.S.C §794d).
- Work directly with the ecommerce development teams to incorporate test strategies throughout the development process.
- Work with product managers, Dot 6, and developers to identify and clarify requirements to support accessible website development.
- Review existing user experiences, provide feedback on making them more compatible with assistive technologies, and lend design and technical expertise to the project teams.
- Maintain documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software.
- Identify accessibility issues, help troubleshoot and find solutions for them.
- Utilize strong communication skills to work closely with the scrum teams to build accessible experiences.
- Perform accessibility audits and develop recommendations to build more accessible experiences and help educate developers think with an accessible mindset.
- Debug’s website issues using systematic tests to develop, apply, and maintain quality standards for company websites.
- Analyzes test results to ensure existing functionality and recommends corrective action.
- Consults with ecommerce team and development engineers in resolution of problems.
- Participate in the changes of the system with the Ecommerce team, including screen design and specifications, data modeling, and documentation of processing flows.
- Interact with APH business teams to identify issues, define requirements and validate results of informational projects/processes.
- Works with ecommerce team and developers to reproduce & resolve problems in the accessibility, functionality, accuracy, and efficiency of new or enhanced software features built by developers.
- Ensures the accessibility of application releases, and that development efforts match their functional requirements.