Here at the Philadelphia Convention & Visitors Bureau, we are excited about the return of travel and look forward to welcoming visitors from around the world back to our amazing city. The resilient, diverse, and welcoming nature of our city is what drives us forward, and it’s our talented staff that enables the PHLCVB to continually raise the bar.
We are currently searching for a Global Tourism Sales Manager (Asia Pacific & Emerging Markets) to join our team.
The Global Tourism Sales Manager is responsible for the creation and execution of international sales & marketing strategies in defined international markets that will build upon Philadelphia’s positioning as a destination of choice for global visitors and maximize international visitation levels as outlined by the goals and objectives of the Philadelphia Convention & Visitors Bureau.
This is a full-time position reporting to the VP, Global Tourism.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Market Management:
- Manage direction of international representation offices in designated markets to successfully deploy sales and marketing strategies.
- Consistently evaluate existing marketing segments to proactively develop and provide recommendations for action to VP, Global Tourism.
- Budget Management:
- Responsible for development and management of assigned country budgets.
- Review budget proposals and prepare financial documents and reports.
- Consistently review budget spend in assigned countries to evaluate and suggest spending improvements to obtain maximum return on investment.
- Closely monitor budgets across assigned countries to ensure all sales & marketing strategies are within allocations.
- On a quarterly basis, identify variances between actual and budgeted financial results.
- Work closely with the VP, Global Tourism to achieve budget parameters.
- Work with representation offices to organize and facilitate sales activity, marketing programs, and trade familiarization tours (FAM).
- Identify growth opportunities to achieve individual and team based short-term and long-term goals.
- Recommend sales strategies, services, and product improvements to both PHLCVB members and strategic partners to fully capture target markets.
- Establish relationships with key partners and stakeholders to increase Philadelphia’s international market share.
- Conduct sales calls and missions both domestically and internationally to deliver new business opportunities and build relationships with stakeholders and strategic partners.
- Responsible for all aspects of industry tradeshow participation, including, but not limited to selection of shows, overseeing booth design, development of collateral, appointment confirmations, event organization, and follow-up.
- Conduct sales presentations curated to consumers, travel trade, and/or stakeholders.
- Manage lead distribution and appropriately match business opportunities to PHLCVB partners.
- Adapt rapidly to evolving market dynamics and needs to continue to position Philadelphia on global platform.
Marketing & Promotions:
- Work closely with international representation offices to identify cooperative marketing and advertising opportunities with strategic partners.
- Evaluate marketing proposals and advertising campaigns to provide recommendations to VP, Global Tourism.
- Work closely with Marketing & Communication department to implement marketing and advertising campaigns including but not limited: Identifying deliverables, messaging direction for target market, and timeliness of creative delivery.
- Develop and coordinate implementation of promotional events, activities, contests, etc. Including but not limited to: identifying key partnerships, soliciting sponsorship funds, event and hotel negotiation, and program development.
- Collaborate with Marketing & Communication department to execute marketing collateral development and updates relevant to assigned international markets.
Customer Experience & Engagement:
- Educate PHLCVB partners to understand the global tourism market segment and ensure they have the necessary tools to implement strategies to fully capture target markets.
- Act as assigned overseas market expert providing updates to PHLCVB partners through quarterly update meetings, sales calls, and/or ongoing communication.
- Manage the reporting of annual distribution analyses from assigned overseas markets.
- Manage accounting procedures, such as processing invoices and check requests for assigned overseas markets.
- Maintain effective control of internal systems, including tracking of files, database management of customer files, activity reports, and other internal systems related to direct sales efforts.