This position is responsible for document review, closing, funding, and managing a portfolio of moderate to complex structured commercial and commercial real estate loans, including syndicated loans (as investor and agent), asset-based lending and interest rate swaps.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Analyze and interpret loan documents to ensure loan structure is in accordance with the banks policies. Obtain all corporate documents as well as any other CIP items needed for all related parties. Establish the customer, facility and loan detailed information in loan system. Review pre and post-closing documentation.
- Close and fund all loan-related transactions per terms of the respective agreement. Ensure proper authorizations are obtained prior to funding all new loans. Process all loan related transactions into the loan system (including respective accounting entries) in a timely and accurate manner.
- Manage a portfolio of Asset Based Lending loans, work closely with ABL Risk Officer to manage portfolio; provide loan data to client and Risk officer as required.
- Review details of interest rate swaps, ensure swap is booked and accounted for, periodic swap fee is billed, collected and remitted to counterparty.
- Review system-generated loan billing statements for accuracy, prepare amended bills as needed. Prepare bills for any other loan-related receivables that are not system generated. Dispatch bills to clients as appropriate.
- Review documents to ensure items have been properly executed, filed, or recorded with appropriate governmental agency (UCCs Deeds, Mortgages, etc.). Verify that all documents have been provided as per the loan agreement or other such controlling document.
- Record any unrecorded documents. Clear ticklers and provide recorded documents to Post Closing. Log recorded UCCs into iLien.
- Establish ticklers in the loan system for all items requiring action or follow up, and future events.
- Continue educational opportunities within the industry to ensure best practices are utilized and that all regulatory requirements are met.
- Comply with the with Bank Secrecy Act, OFAC and USA PATRIOT Act including accurate completion of CTR and Monetary Instrument Logs as appropriate, Wire Transfer logs, adhering to the Customer Identification Program, customer due diligence procedures, identifying high risk accounts, and reporting suspicious activities to BSA Department.
- Service portfolio of loan loans sold with serving retained.
- Provide purchasing banks with detailed servicing reports to allow for the proper application of funds to loans in the portfolio.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Competencies
- Finance or accounting background preferred
- Knowledge of and experience in handling complex Commercial Loans, ABL portfolio management, interest rate swaps and other derivative products.
- Understanding of interest accruals
- Ability to explain, in writing and verbally, loan situations
- Good computer skills, including use of common desktop applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of loan administration and operations in a commercial bank
- 3+ years working on complex commercial and commercial real estate loans
- 3+ years of experience with Asset Based Lending
Notice to Recruiters: We value our recruiting partnerships, but to protect the interest of all parties, Atlantic Capital Bank (ACB) does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters. All recruiting is managed through ACB’s Human Resources Department and contacting hiring managers directly is not appropriate. If you would like to develop a recruiting relationship, please work directly with Talent Acquisition. All unsolicited resumes submitted through our website or to ACB email accounts shall be deemed property of Atlantic Capital Bank.