About Minnesota Wire
Since 1968, Minnesota Wire evolved to become an industry leader in the design, manufacturing and testing of custom wire, cable, and cable assemblies for the medical, defense, and aerospace industries.
Minnesota Wire proudly services customers from start-ups to industry leaders. In this position, you will perform meaningful work as you contribute to manufacturing of “Life-Saving Connections” for our customers. Working at Minnesota Wire means joining a team of fellow honorable people striving to improve society through the products we manufacture.
We are a small company doing BIG things! If you like to stay busy, have a real impact on a business, and are adaptable, start your career at Minnesota Wire.
Molding Technician is responsible to assist in resolving day to day technical issues on the production floor. Duties may also include providing operator training, developing processes with Process Engineering, and recommending process improvements. This individual will lead, develop, and understand the technical aspects of the molding equipment as well as tooling, including in-depth process knowledge, ability to determine and validate process parameters, and understanding of equipment set-up, operation, and troubleshooting.
- Resident expert for the operation, domain knowledge, and implementation of Molding machines and machining centers (for tooling mods and changes), Tool Assembly and set up for multi part tools.
- Mentor and train production operators in proper equipment operation and assembly techniques
- Develop new product processes focused on achieving the highest manufacturing yield
- Lead process parameter development and validation activities
- Work closely with manufacturing engineer/design engineer/customer to design and develop manufacturing processes. Provide support for continuous improvement to manufacturing processes.
- Ability to efficiently and effectively work independently on product, machine/equipment set-up, and processes
- Technical ability to program and adjust MN Wire machines and equipment
- Maintain workmanship standards as defined in the Minnesota Wire Workmanship Standards Manual.